Problem installing new cd player

Unregistered guest
Sorry, I posted this under another thread, still not sure how it appeared there...

Help! I am trying to replace my piece of crap factory cd player on my 96 Ford Windstar. The CD player has NEVER worked, it clicks constantly and only plays the 1st 3 or 4 tracks of every cd, that is if it even loads. I decided to replace it, just so I don't have to carry around 60 cds for 3 cds worth of tunes.

I bought 3 different wiring harnesses, and an FAI. From my dash I have the rectangular flat pin cable(hooks up to the wiring harness fine, although I cannot figure out where to stick the orange illumination wire and I am guessing I don't need to hook up the solid blue wire for power antennae if I don't have a power ant.) Power is going to stereo, as I can eject a cd, but no display, no cd spin, etc. I also have a smallish 2 pin cable witha tan and lt blue/pink wire. This is for rear radio control. No biggie, never used this feature. I have 2 speaker grey speaker cables. One is a square 8 pin, the other a square 6 pin. The 8 pin hooks up fine in the wiring harness. The 6 pin I cannot find any harness that it can hook to?! I tired the factory radio without the 6 pin, and it will only function with both 8 and 6 pin speaker cables.

I read on installdr that I needed a Ford Integration Wire harness for premium sound amplifier bypass?! I cannot find one that will accomodate a 6 pin square speaker cable. I just want to be able to listen to a cd all the way through....

Can anyone help? What do I need to do? Do I neeed to keep that darn FAI?! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 83
go to your local shop and have them look at it. i think they have special wiring harnesses for ford premium sound systems, i heard the guy at my local shop helping a guy once, but i am not completely sure. i would have them look at it and see.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us