Would this sound okay?

needhelp
Unregistered guest
i have a alpine 9813 head and a 10 inch diamond audio sub. I just want to add some speakers like kappa coaxials would that sound okay? I am not looking for anything out of this world I just want better sound with some crankability but it also needs to be cheap cuz I am broke. the kappas would be running off of the alpine.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 397
That would be a pretty nice system. If you want those kappas to sound even better, get an external amp for them.

needhelp
Unregistered guest
if i got another amp wouldn't I have to get a dist block? also what would be a good to amp to run those speakers? I prefer kicker because I can get them kinda cheap amd I like they last.

needhelp
Unregistered guest
can anyone answer my question? is it hard to hook up a dist block?

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 131
distribution blocks are very easy
you might have to upgrade your power cable. other than that its extremely easy. or u can just run two 8ga cables for each amp

needhelp
Unregistered guest
if i got an amp that pushed like 50 watts X 2 @ 4 ohms would that be all that much better than my head unit which pushes like 30 X 2 @ 4 ohms? my deck says its 60 X 4 so I figured I would half the number and get a more realistic number. or does and know of a good kicker amp that would be able to push 250 watts to a sub and like 50 to 65 watts to my two speakers?

needhelp
Unregistered guest
cmon can someone give me an answer? ...please

needhelp
Unregistered guest
anyone? if i got an amp that produced like 100 watts X 4 at 4 ohms would that be too much for the kappas that are rated 75 watts? if I turned the gain like all the way down?

Dangler1224
Unregistered guest
This kicker here http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=11946, is a 3 channel amp that pushes 70wx2 + 210wx1. So you could run your speakers of the 2 channels at 70 watts each then run your sub of the other channel at 210 watts.

needhelp
Unregistered guest
thanks for the info!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us