Infinity vs. Dynaudio vs. CDT

Bronze Member
Username: Hellbender

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 58
Hey everyone ,I was thinking of getting infinity kappa perfect components but I saw a good deal on some other components. Tell me what you think is the best set for listening to metal and electronica with good bass and loud spatial highs.
1. Infinity kappa perfect's $200.00
2. Dynaudio x-250's ebay-$102.50 w/6 days left
3. CDT ef-61's $190.00
Thanks,

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3859
I'd go with the Kappa Perfects. Dynaudios and CDTs don't do quite as well on metal and electronica due to their neutral nature.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 133
Johnathan what about for RAP?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3863
Another deal where the Perfects would do better. Dynaudios and CDTs do better with music that centers itself around vocals and harmonics, such as acoustic, pop, soft rock, some rock like alternative (not metal), jazz, classical, and so forth. The reason they don't do so well with Metal and Rap is because they are very neutral and true to the signal, metal and rap are in general poorly recorded, the music is muddy sounding in nature and those speakers will bring that out. The sonic character (brightness) of the Perfects, mainly the stronger treble and upper midrange emphasis of the Perfects, does better with those types of music.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 134
okay thatnks for your answer what about for country music...

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3865
That would go to Dynaudio and CDTs in most cases, of course Country differs. If you want a warm, balanced sound, go Dynaudio or CDT, if you want something with stronger treble and a bit more of a clinical sound, go Infinity.

Bronze Member
Username: Hellbender

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 61
Thanks for your reply Jonathan, I appreciate it :-) . Also I wanted a good set of midbass/midrange speakers for my rear fill, what brand would you recommend for my listening preferences in the sub-$250 price range? I have a set of Infinity Beta six's from the late 90's laying around would those work ok? And where can I buy good quality crossovers at online? Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us