Component install questions---please help

Bronze Member
Username: 1stimer

Post Number: 38
I have some image dynamics 5.25" components coming, and wanted to see if I could get them installed myself, or at least do some of the fabricating myself to save some money on an install.

There are a couple of pictures attached that show how others have installed speakers in my type of car (1984 300d). There are no factory locations for front speakers except in the dash, and pods in the kickpanels will not work.

The map pockets are 2" deep and were removed for the nicer install. The mounting depth of the ID's is 2.5". I want to get the best possible midbass performance out of these smaller drivers. What do you guys suggest that I do in order to accomplish this.
The installer I spoke to told me that the angles of my dash make it one of the few that he could reccomend putting the tweeters into, but many people suggest that the tweets be mounted on or very near to the midbass on the model I have chosen. Any suggestions that you guys coould offer would be greatly appreciated.

Could I just remove the map pockets and replace with a 2" piece of shaped and covered mdf? Would baffles help me out?

Here's the other installs in my type of car

Upload

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us