Failure rate on amps??????????????

Username: Transam396

Mcdonough, Ga Usa

Post Number: 3
HI i was looking at the post on good amps /bad amps and was noticing that ppl mentioned the failure rate on products how do u find that info? I'm on a very tight budget so need good low priced stuff found profiles site where they offer there factory refurb amps for dirt cheap do any other companies offer this oprion??

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2730
well I would stay away form profile, whats your budget?

Username: Transam396

Mcdonough, Ga Usa

Post Number: 4
under 100.00 I have a friend that has a 200 watt pioneer that i'm getting for 20 bucks was going to use that on infinty 5x7 and going to run 1 10 so i figured i would need a small sub amp I'm going for bass fill not FEEL if yah know what i mean also do u think that putting the foam baffles around 5x7's would help there sound?

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1098
If you've got a decent h/u and aren't looking for HUGE bass you could power those 5x7's with it and use that pioneer to power a sub. If that turns out not to be enough output for your highs just upgrade to another, maybe bigger, sub amp later and use the pioneer on the 5x7's.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7841
failure rates I discovered from years of selling and installing amps professionally.
if you want an amp for under $100, look on ebay used
nothing new for that cheap is any good.

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1099
I know I'm constantly recommending this amp, but thats only because I own one, know how it performs, and know that at $100 is a great deal.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=sourub3002&store=&catid=303

-Fishy

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1100
Don't you think thats a good , flexible amp for 100 bucks Glass?

It does well for mids or subs and produces 300x1 at either 2 or 4 ohms which makes impedance matching a whole lot easier.

-Fishy

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7844
I'm not a big fan of the newer soundstram amps, but a lot of people seem really happy with them
JBL or Directed might have something cheap too, but most amps I see seem to start around the 150-200 buck range US
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us