Amp Kit

Username: Alias747

Post Number: 3
I have a Audiobahn A8000T amp and I need to get an amp kit. This amp puts out 800 watts RMS. First off I was wondering if this amp will work with an 8-gauge amp kit, or is that not a good idea? If it doesn't I was wondering about this 4-gauge kit. I was wondering if this amp kit looks ok. I don't need anything super quality, but just something that will get the job done. Not sure if anyone has heard of audiopipe or not, but just look at this and tell me if you think it is a good deal.

http://www.fortune3.com/comp75190/?pagesuffix=Wiring_Kits-Audiopipe_4_Gauge_Ampl ifier_Wiring_Kit.html&

Thanks

SPLSQ
Unregistered guest
Audiopipe? I would get the RF CP4POS, its 4 gauge 800 watts RMS and costs $38 on the net. Its a Rockford Type RF kit.

Username: Alias747

Post Number: 4
I am wondering what the huge difference is between the two? The one I am looking at is cheaper and it comes with speaker wire, cuz I still have to wire my subs yet. Is there a huge difference in quality? BTW, the one I was looking at can handle 2100 watts(supposedly). The RF CP4POS says only 800 watts TOTAL. Maybe someone could let me know the difference or suggest another kit. I do need speaker wire though. I suppose I could always buy it separately. Any suggestions would be nice.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2748
I would get the 4 gauge kit. There's really not a whole lot of difference between cheap kits vs expensive ones except the packaging and brand name. The main advantage of expensive package is the number of wire strands.
In most cases, the money you pay doesn't translate into that much higher sound quality.
Walmart sells some cheap kits for $30 or less. You might want to try that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us