All pros look at this!!!!!!!!!! jl at circuit city!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Stylnul

Victorville, CA US

Post Number: 31
now that i have your attention
i was just wondering where you all got all of your knowledge from: glasswolf, james longo, hunter, subcrackhead.

did you guys hang out at a car audio shop? or did you attend one of those car audio trade schools? please tell me cuze it seems your guys seem to know alot of this stuff

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2698
live and learn for me man I have been into car audio for about 12 years and have had the luxery of testing out a vast majority of products and learning a little along the way. Hunter is garbage! lol! Sub is a crack head! lol Glass is one of the smartest men on the planet, that goes for Jonathan and Isaac aswell. I believe Jon and Glass both went to electronics engineering school for installing so they kow their SH!T, Joe(Nick)Smoe also knows his fair share.

I guess Hunter and Sub do also, lol
but Hunetr dabbles with mangina so thats his downfall and sub burns to much herb! lol J/k their are alot of people on here that know quite a bit.

depressed at the news
Unregistered guest
how do i get a job at a car audio place? do i have to know someone? or just hang out there all day every day until i get a paycheck? i know how to install, and do custom installs, but no one is hiring, any help?

chingy
Unregistered guest
i've known subfanatic for years, hes never been to jail for weed, he a f-uckin dork man, he has no life, and is overweight

chingy
Unregistered guest
i've known subfanatic for years, hes never been to jail for weed, he a f-uckin dork man, he has no life, and is overweight

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2700
Hey Chingy your music carreer is doing so well that you need to make fun of sub! thats prob a profile of yourself!

Bronze Member

Vicky ville, CA US

Post Number: 32
i hate thread hijackers, do you guys have pics of your installs???????????????

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2738
If you want a career in car audio, then start by getting a job with a company that sells car audio as well as others. For example, CrappyBuy or Circuit City might have a position for warehouse/stock person/sales in computers/home entertainment etc. Once you're inside, changing departments is much easier.
Sometimes you have to take indirect approach.

Bronze Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 79
Dude (infinitylova),

Please tell me that your career dream is not installing car stereos. If you want a back-ache and a head-ache, go ahead and suit yourself.

Try going to school and getting an engineers degree in electronics, or physics major. Then once you got that degree on your wall, you can get a real job.

What kind of job can you get with a physics major?

Ha Ha Ha, Try one of these on for size.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/sound/soucon.html

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/audio/spkcon.html#c1

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/acoustic/auditcon.html#c1

The question is: Do you wanna get a job being on your knees and back installing stereos for the one that gots the phat ride and goes golfing on tuesday from 10-2, then takes a vacation every 3 weeks to china to make sure the electronics factory that is manufacturing his designs is serious at meeting his specs.

The choice is yours.

Peace.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3813
Mixneffect has a good point. Car audio installation isn't really glamorous or fun most of the time, for the most part you're installing a head unit for a somebody that spilled coffee on the stock one, or installing some cheap coaxials in place of a speaker that blew out. As long as you remember that there is a difference between a hobby and a job, and make your decision based on what you feel you'd enjoy doing day in and day out, you will be successful. Once you are rushed into making a deadline, putting money into play, and doing it for someone else's benefit instead of your own, your motivation changes compared to if you were doing it as a hobby.

I went to school for Electronics Technology, but that wasn't what got me started in car audio. I have always been into cars, and of course car audio naturally gains interest with car enthusiasts. I began studying acoustics of vehicles not too long after that, not really acoustic engineering, but principles that allowed me to get best results in the applications I was interested in. And of course I learned from trial and error in my own vehicles, and from forums such as these and people in the hobby. I already knew how to fiberglass from working on cars, and me being more mechanically inclined, other things came naturally. I coowned a shop with my brother so that I could take care of my daughter when she was young, but for the most part I've been employed as a plant systems technician, mainly specializing in industrial control systems and automation. Audio is more of a hobby than a job for me right now, and I prefer it that way. It is much more enjoyable when you are doing it for your personal pleasure instead of an 8-5 kind of thing.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2708
good call, both of you. I installed for about 3 years and I honestly began to hate car audio all together, thats when I decided to stop doing it as a job and thats when I got back into it for the hobby. I just love car audio but when you get into installing as a 9-5 job it is annoying and extremely tedious and you have to deal with pr!ck bast!rds who want their stuff done yesterday, It truely sucks man. If you love it as a hobby I dont recomend getting into it as a serious job anyways, if you are 17 and want to check it out thats cool just know what you are getting into before you make that commitment. There are people that have been doing it for years and love it thats why we have great installers around the world because they absolutely have a love for wehat they do and if that is you then go for it man, just remember it isnt as much fun when its not your stuff getting installed and you cant love the feeling of finishing something for yourself that you get to enjoy every day by turning it up. Someone else gets to enjoy it not you.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7833
learned from watching and reading and hanging around people who know more than I do, then while still doing all of that, went to Virginia Tech and double majored in English and Electrical Engineering. Got a job at a lcoal car audio shop by hanging around there and getting to know all of the employees well enough to get hired as a Summer employee at first when they needed xtra help.
Worked from that point on as an installer and some in sales. Been to some factory training, went through MECP certification mostly so the store could say "certified installers!" on the strorefront windows. Competed in the IASCA Pro circuits for several years since I was considered an industrial professional, I never got to do Novice or Amateur classes. Straight to playing with the big dogs. It's an interesting way to get tossed in the deep end to elarn to swim, back when you competed against vehicles like The Terminator, and the Speakerworks Buick GN.. ah the good old days.
anyway, it's a lot of work, but if you enjoy it then it's all good. It's not the sort of job you want to do all of your life. As you get older, it's harder to crawl around inside of cars all day and still walk upright getting home.. haha

Bronze Member

Vicky ville, CA US

Post Number: 33
how do those guys that drive around in company vans just to deliver small materials to shops, get their jobs?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2717
they prob respond to a help wanted ad.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3199
hey guys, i am NOT a crack head, i quit smoking lol. But yea infinty im in the same boat as you lol. i want a job at my local car audio place, but i made the stupid move of a 17 year old (me) showing up the store owner, personal installer, with like 10 customers aroung i outsmarted him and now he hates me lol, he didnt knwo what ohms law was, i was so mad at him lol, but i am trying to get a job at cc or bb but they wont hire me either darn pr!cks, but i am giong to II(installer institute) next summer, supopsed to be this summer but my mom and i had some financial ups and downs so i cant go this summer, but after that i am joining my friends business when im done with my autobody and automechanics as well
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us