Help Me Plz

Unregistered guest
Right now i have a kenwood head unit, two 12" infinity 12.1 kappa perfect subs, and a rockford amp (6001bd). The subs have 350rms and 1200w max listed. And my amp (mono) has 600w@2ohms or 300w@4ohm. I want to get rid of the amp i have now and get the new infinity 1211A.

Here are my questions:
1) Would this work with my subs? The new amp has 854w @ 4 ohms rms, and 1300w @ 2ohms.

2) All of the wiring is there already from my old amp, so can i just replace it exactly how it was set up?

3) I'm not really sure what ohms the current amp is at. Is there a way to tell? THe wiring just looks like a positive and negative to each sub (so a total of 4 wires).

Thanks a ton! I'm sort of a newbie (had a store install my amp and subs right now). I want to install the new amp myself. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2719
Okay, why would you get rid of the amp? It kinda works for your setup. Your 2 subs are probably 4ohms SVC judging from your description. That meant each sub was getting 300W rms from the amp (600w@2ohms).
Your new amp is 1300w rms according to you. So that means each sub will get 650w rms. It is way too much. You will need new subs with the amp.
Before you just replace the amp with the new one, check the fuse sizes on the amp. I am sure your RF had much smaller size. So whatever the total size is, you need to replace the inline fuse near the battery to the same size.
If not, it'll blow.

Dan G
Unregistered guest
I've actually bought some new things already. Will this work? I bought the Infinity 1211A which is 1300watts @ 2 ohms. I also bought 2 12" Audiobahn subs, each with 550watts. I read that you can have a higher RMS on your amp, you just have to find the right level where the woofer doesnt crack or anything, and it will be fine. I'm going to wire them exactly how my system is right now (read my first post) THanks. Do i still need to replace the fuse, and why? Thanks a ton!!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2724
Yes you might have to replace the fuse. The one installed by the store, was set according to your old amp. Since your new one is almost 2x the power, you will have to add up all the fuses and whatever the total is, put that size near the battery. Using incorrect inline fuse will cause it blow every time you exceed the current limit.

Username: Carisloud

Burn, Minnesota Usa

Post Number: 9
YOU MIGHT NEED A NEW ALTERNATOR YOUR AMP TAKE 100 AMPS

Username: Carisloud

Burn, Minnesota Usa

Post Number: 10
YOU MIGHT NEED TO REPLACE YOUR ALTERNATOR YOUR AMPLIFIER TAKES TAKES 100 AMPS FROM YOUR CAR DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU DRIVE IM SURE YOUR LIGHTS WILL ALMOST TURN OFF WITH THAT POWER AT NIGHT AT LEAST 140 AMP ALTERNATOR

Username: Dano9258

Post Number: 1
So add up the amt of fuse total on the amp? And then put one thats that or higher near the battery? Ok. Also, why would i need a new amp? I have a RF amp right now that runs at 1800w max and 600w rms. Any thoughts. thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us