A good deal or bad? Blown

Anonymous

I dont know if you guy saw an auction awhile back this guy had a Pioneer Premier DEX-P9,GEX-P900XM,AN-90XM,2 Zapco C2K 3.0X,2 C2K 6.0X amps,Zapco Symbilinks,13JLw7,DEI 8" Studio Series NEO midbass,Kove Armageddon KMG-40,Zapco cables,Zapco Factory L-Pad for the SLB-U ok noone meet his reserve at $2100. He sends me an E-Mail saying I wasnt the highest bidder but the other gu didnt have the money so he was gonna give me the chance to buy it.So im like hum this seems a bit fishy so I send an E-Mail back saying I would on 1 condition I could come and personally buy andd pickup the items his ebay name says he lives aprox 4hrs away.Anyway it was late I had sent E-mail out well I got up this morning to see if any response and he had rewrote me lastnight saying he would send an invoice I told him again I didnt feel Secure sending money through PayPal or Ebay because they wont cover $2200.I said again I didnt feel comfortable sending 2k over the net specially a person with 0 in profile cant type fedback for some reason lol.Anyway I havent heard anything since.What you all think scammer?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2664
Well if the Zapco amps were brand new, C2K6 alone is almost $1000 each. So you're getting a great deal. I am guessing the amps were "hot" items.
I wouldn't pay $2k via paypal cause they suck in recovering.
I wouldn't go in person either unless you have some buddies.
Have the guy meet you at a donut shop or something, where you know it's safe. Then inspect the items before paying. For that amount, you might want to see his driver's license cause the car could be stolen.
Anyways, no one will sell/give you something for nothing. That's a fact.
So use caution, and don't buy it unless you can pick it up.

Anonymous

True that Isaac like my mom always told me if its to good to be true it more then likely is. And I was planning to go with a couple partners I wouldnt go alone and would diffently meet in public Wally World or something cosier like that.And my first thought was its got to be hot maybe he got it off a truck or something lol well he has relisted the items on ebay just type in zapco he has 4 amps and whole crop of gear check it out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2667
That item on eBay (5770835071) looks very suspicious. He's saying he paid over $1200 for C2K 6 and he has couple of them plus other models? I think he stole it.
If you're going to bid on any of them, ask him for the serial number of the amps and have it traced.

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 219
Anonymous...

If you look closly at the pictures on ebay they are all the same for the both 3.0x's and the 6.0x's. Chances are this is just a picture from the internet that he found and he is trying to get people to bid on them. They are obviously not in his possesion so no i would not bid or purchase them outright.

Now if your wanting Zapco 6.0x and 3.0x i have both of those in my possesion and can get you a good deal on them. Both are new x2 versions. I had the 6.0x2 modified so its 2ohm stable 1200rms and the 3.0x2 is 2x150rms@4ohm

Gold Member

Post Number: 2670
That is illegal, "borrowing" pictures from the internet. I think if eBay found out, they will pull his ad.

Anonymous

Yeah looks a little bit fishy thats for sure and whats up with his ID history been a member for 2 yrs and never sold or bought a single item that or he changed it.

Anonymous

Oh and his yahoo mail has a name I tried to look it up under phone book no listing.

Bronze Member
Username: 1stimer

Post Number: 27
If you pay through paypal with a credit card, then you can always dispute the charges with them rather than through paypal...I had to do that once...be careful.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2676
Banks are much easier to deal with. Paypal wants you to go through loops and fly to the moon first before they will do anything. I had a bad seller before and paypal asked me to fill out forms after forms. 6 months later, still no word. They also wanted me to fax all documents like paid bank slips and then after that, mail all the originals to them. Then wait another 3 months for their answer. By then, most people would've given up. This is why paypal sucks.

Anonymous

Heh this guy wrote me back 3 times asking me if still iterested Im just gonna let it go. I already made another deal anyway goofy dude lmao.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2686
Well if you really get 2 C2K 3 and 2 C2K 6, then it's a good deal. But of course it's assuming the amps are not "hot" and is working.
The C2K 6s sell for at least $700 on eBay.

Anonymous

I basically told him its my way or the highway haha.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us