Man wassup with Alpine Headunits???

Username: Black013

Post Number: 5
My Premier deh 960 pioneer is in the shop so I decided to throw in my brother alpine cda 9811 but is it me or does alpine cd player produce less bass or am I just spoiled by my pioneer cd player?also do anyone know does this headunit have preset eq like superbass,vocal because I get tired of messing with bass and treble?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 128
Doesn't it have some type of Bass Engine feature?

Bronze Member
Username: Adampit

Post Number: 46
Ya know, i agree with you daryl, i am seriously thinking about selling my alpine 9835 and going with something else because of the lack of bass it produces, i find the same as you.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1041
Lol, maybe Alpines just have a flatter frequency response. Regardless, I get plenty of bass out of my 7831.

-Fishy

Username: Black013

Post Number: 6
yes it seems my highs are louder bus my bass is gone or at least flooded by my highs

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2694
Daryl, sometimes a cheaper HU will give you more bass. What is deceiving about that is, the bass you get isn't always what's in the music. Sometimes it's called distortion.
What some units do is, take a small part of a sound wave, and amplify it many times. It may sound good sometimes, especially if it mixes well with the background music. However, that in a scope might show a distorted wave.
The point I'm trying to make is, the loud bass you hear isn't always real.
From my experience, rap or any songs with heavy bass will sound reasonably good. But in that same environment, if you played a classical cd, you'd see how much of the bass/music was being distorted. In classical, if you over amplify certain part of sound frequency, it'll sound terrible.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7801
the default "flat" setting for the sub pouts on the 9811 are less than 4V.
turn the sub out level up to about +5 and you'll be at a 4V output and it should sound normal.

Bronze Member
Username: Adampit

Post Number: 47
Glass, any opinins on getting more bass out of my 9835?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7809
max out the sub level setting. set XO to 80Hz, if you can set slope, sset it to 18dB
see how it sounds

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1050
the default "flat" setting for the sub pouts on the 9811 are less than 4V.

Yeah, that makes sense. My 7831 doesn't have sub outs and I'm using an 8v max PPI frx-456 anyways.

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us