HELP mothing happens

Bronze Member
Username: Newdude

Post Number: 14
Ok so I finished hooking up my system today. and as far as I can tell evereything is hooked up correctly but here go the details.

Both my amp and my HU are hooked up directly to the battery. This is because of necesity. they are both grounded correctly.

On my head unit (from what I understood from the instructions) I only used 3 wires. The power, the ground and the remote turn on for the amp. Is this correct??
The sound signal to both my sub and my component speakers is going straight to the amp from my pre amp out puts.

Now after re-connecting the battery, i started the car and put my faceplate in. nothing happenned. i pushed the power button and still nothing happened. i tryed reseting the HU aswell as killing and re-starting the car several times and still nothing happened.

Any thoughts???

Andrea

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 123
There are two (+)power wires coming from the headunit plus the ground wire and remote wire. One goes directly to the battery (most likely yellow), and the other is hooked up to the ignition(most likely red).

The purpose of the ignition, which i'm guessing is the one that is not hooked up, is to turn the unit off when the car is also off as to prevent the battery from going dead trying to run the unit.

Bronze Member
Username: Newdude

Post Number: 15
ok ill try that tomorow.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 125
Great! Tell us if it works! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts