Again with my cutlass

Username: Baumer8907

Post Number: 6
I need some more help i bought 2 digital audio 6X9's but in my 86' cutlass supreme which is a coupe the stock factory speakers are 4X10's which come in through the back of the coupe the 6x9s dont fit in the same place and i was wondering if anyone had idea's or knew where i can put the new 6x9's.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 124
I had a similiar problem with my old Jetta of which is now gone, but it had 4" speaker holes in the rear. I grabbed a saucy pair of tin-cutters and cut the holes to 6x9 size. It would have been wiser to go 6.5" but at the time, I had already bought the speakers and didn't plan on returning them.

You should be able to put them somewhere in the rear deck under the window, though it might involve cutting holes, it'd be worth it.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1031
Someone used to make a funky looking, yellow, plastic adapter plate. I'm not sure if they still make them.

Yeah, here's one:

http://www.uscaraudio.com/cgi-bin/usstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=SA410 69

I dunno if it would fit or whether it would be worth the 30 bucks.

-Fishy

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1032
Here's a cheaper one:

http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/824000.html

-Fishy

Username: Baumer8907

Post Number: 9
YEH BUT WITH MY CUTTY THE THERE IS NO ROOM EVEN IF I DO CUT HOLES IN THE COUPE PART. sO I DONT NO IF I SHOULD JUST NO GET 6X9'S OR SEE IF I CANT FIND SOMTHIN TO DO ANY ADVICE??

Bronze Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 28
I know of someone who has 4 6X9'S in his 84 cutty. But, he bought the car with them already installed so i have no idea how they were able to install them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us