Amp for Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1d

Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 9
I need advice on running a single Perfect 12.1d
It has dual 4 ohm voice coils, and is rated at 350W rms 1400 peak.

I originally planning on using infinity amps, but I have heard bad things about them. How would kicker amps work with infinity subs? Does anybody else have any other ideas? looking to spend around 400-500.

Username: Shocksyde

Post Number: 2
i'm just gonna use an alpine m301 to run mine

definately cheap compared to your price range, but it puts out the perfect power for that exact sub

Anonymous

what type of box? if sealed that sub is rated for 500w rms

the mtx 421d would get the job done cheap and nicely. not sure which is better between the alpine or mtx? The alpine seems to have some good features but I know the mtx will last. I haven't heard good things about the digital amps lifespan.

Post Number: 10
It's gonna be in a sealed box, probably around 1^3 exactly. I have heard that perfects can handle much more power than they're rated at, does anybody know about how much they can take in a sealed box?

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 141
I don't know where it says it's 500rms for a sealed enclosure...If i'm not mistaken, the rms would increse with a ported box, not a sealed box. Simply because a sealed box allows for more control.

I'm not sure how much they can handle, I'm going to be running mine a little under, about 300.

goon

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 504
a sub can handle slightly more power in a sealed enclosure than it can in a ported enclosure.

greater efficiency is achieved at the frequency at which a ported box is tuned, resulting in more output at that frequency. however, it is harder to control the sub below the tuned frequency of the box, which can result in over-excursion, or "blowing" the sub.

in a sealed box there is no way to release the pressure within the box, making it harder to push the cone of the sub out. conversely, in a ported box pressure can release through the port, allowing the cone to move easier, or to move the same distance with less power.

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
ok so would underpowering the 12.1d perfect in like a 1-1.3^3 not give the best results. we are talking 250rms to the recommended subs 350rms.

goon

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I have a coworker running the infinity 610a on a single perfect 12.1d in a sealed box at 1.2^3. that amp is rated at 657 watts rms! "watts" up with that?

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
I've heard the infinity amps won't push out exactly what they say...people say they are "overrated".

goon
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us