Pioneer 5700 Parking Break Wire

Username: Moeman2323

Post Number: 1
I just recently purchased the new Pioneer 5700...
I tried grounding the Parking Break wire to many things to make the DVD player run while driving, but it just does not work... the only way it works if I put the wire around the key when its in the ignition...
Does anyone know of a way I can ground it permanentally and get it to work while im driving?

Sneyeper
Unregistered guest
Green wire to one side of a switch and the other side of the switch to ground ... start your vehicle cycle twice and ... video

Unregistered guest
Just run your light green wire (parking brake wire) to the same place you've gounded the head unit itself. I have the 6600 and this is what I did.

Username: Moeman2323

Post Number: 4
Well... the easiest way I went about this is that I got a small toggle switch and grounded on side of the switch with a wire and connected the parking break to the other side... Now all I gotta do it hit the switch on and off to turn the screen on and off, and plus it helps when there's cops, cuz u can turn off the switch and make it look impossible to drive while having the dvd player on.

Unregistered guest
do you have to hook up the purple wire. and do i just ground the green, connect to brake, and put a switch in?

coniglio
Unregistered guest
i dont speak english so good, (so forgive me if i made a mistake)..
the problem in this reproductor is that it need to reboot the ground source, y use a boton tha interupts the power when is pressed, and put it on the green wire, after you start the car, just pres it and it will give you video, you have to do it every time you start, because is the sistem of the piooner, other way is to find an automatic button that press itself 1 or two secconds after you start, this kind of boton has to be powered by 12v (i found it here on electronics stores) is like a timer, i hope it helps you

Username: Raytec

Post Number: 1
hi guys.
i have a totally different question.
is it possible to get a remote control unit for the 5700 dvd.
Ray

Unregistered guest
Hello everyone! I just accomplished the task of installing the Pioneer 5700. It was a headache. However, this is the easiest and most satisfying way of connecting the DVD option and being able to view DVDs while driving. Just go ahead and connect your car harnest just the way it shows you on your manual. Once that is done, ground your LIGHT GREEN wire anywhere possible (NOTE: You may also connect the LIGHT GREEN wire to the BLACK GROUND wire from the unit. Keep in mind the LIGHT GREEN has that RED plastic uni-connection for something. The manufactures provided you the RED plastic uni-connection without being specific what it is for. The reason being that alot of want to avoid lawsuits. So if you took it to a shop and they charged you a small fee to look at it they will jack you for you cash. Alot of shops will not wire your unit due to so many lawsuits for watching DVDs and driving.) Afterwards get any toogle switch and place it anywhere along the LIGHT GREEN wire. However,leave enough slack on the LIGHT GREEN wire. So it will allow you to place the switch any place you desire on your dashboard. If you like I could send you a diagram. Just email me with the request @ JesseR@californiacu.org. Hope it helps.

Bronze Member
Username: Gezyon

Havelock, NC United States

Post Number: 25
Hey Ray Dee, you can get a remote for the 5700. I had one with mine. It should only cost about 20-25 dollars. If you need the part number I will try to get it, just let me know if you need it.

Unregistered guest
does it matter what how many amps the switch is?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us