Help wiring speakers

Username: Chronic_mka

Post Number: 1
I have 2- 4 ohm DVC subs and a 2-channel amp. I was wondering if anybody could tell me how to wire them to get 1 ohm if it is possible.

Bronze Member
Username: Tbone

Post Number: 25
Can your amp handle a One Ohm load? If you wire the two speakers inputs in parallel, positive to positive, negative to negative, you will have a two ohm load on each channel of your two channel amp. This should be okay. You could reach a One ohm rating by wiring the two subs in parallel by each speaker first, then each speaker in parallel with the other, but do not bridge the amp onto this load, bad news! I would try the two ohm load per channel first, and if it doen't hit hard enough, possibly buying a new larger amplifier that provides more power at two ohms per channel. So yes, it is possible to achieve a one ohm load with the subs you have, but I wouldn't bridge a two channel amp to drive them, it would be to much for the amp to handle (most amps).

Username: Chronic_mka

Post Number: 2
My amp is an AUDIOBAHN A2300HCT. Do you think the amp can handle the load? btw the speakers are 2 Audiobahn AW1206T. Also could someone post up a diagram to wire them.

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Post Number: 28
Hey guys.
I have a AudioBahn a2200hct, and the same subs setup as you. I have each sup wired down to a 2 ohm load per channel, and that's more than enough. I know for a fact that your amp can handle a one ohm load. But i don't think you would need to wire down your subs and bridge them to the amp at 1 ohm that might be too much for your subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
agreed, I think you should wire your subs up just like Tim's, here is how you do it-

(a) from the positive lead from on of the amplifiers channels, connect to both positive terminals on one of your subs.
(b) Do the same for the Negatives.
(c) Do the same for the other sub, onto the other channel of the amp.
You reach a two ohm load per channel because each sub a two 4 ohm voice coils (4 + 4 =2 ohms in parallel. thus each channel of your amp is seeing a two ohm load, and you should have plenty of bass.

Username: Sinaloa

Los angeles, California Usa

Post Number: 1
hello i have a kicker amplifier 1200.1 monoblock and 3 12" subwoofer's 2 are cerwin vega 800 watts
and 1 audiobahn 400 watts 2 voice coil my question
is can i connect this 3 sub's to my amp in three
mode without burn my power? if i can't tell me please why can i do and display me how wiring too please...thanks a lot for your help

"el desesperado"

Silver Member

OK United States

Post Number: 199
What ohm coils are on the vega's, and the audiobahn?

justtryingtohelp
Unregistered guest
this is a great site to learn and understand car audio. check this out especially if you are new to car audio..http://www.linearpower.com/html/installa.html

pete pir
Unregistered guest
hi
i was wondering if it is possible to wire one sub into i a one ohm load i know it can be done with more than one sub but im just not shure if it can be done with just one sub
if u guys could also explain how that is done i would greatly appreciate it
thanx
pete

Audiobahn Rep.
Unregistered guest
i just put an entire system together ALL AUDIOBAHN im competing this fall, did last fall too, audiobahn has nice looks and nice sound, don't underestimate

Anonymous

I guess we'll see how you do. Good luck, you're going to need a miracle with Audiobahn. Sorry, don't mean to diss, but there are MUCH better companies out there.

Audiobahn Rep.
Unregistered guest
Last fall placed 2nd.. Kicker goes 1 all the time.. this fall going for first.. what do you think is wrong with audiobahn? I use there subs and speakers only, i then use profile california amps, alpine head units, streetwires wires, kicker caps.. do you dislike there speakers or all of the audiobahn stuff?

Anonymous

Does any one have a 4 guage, dual amp wiring kit, w/ about 20' of cable,Rca's,Fuse,Fuse holder, Ground, Remote Lead, etc....
ALSO DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF THEY MAKE TRIPLE AMP WIRING KITS?
MY SYSTEM IS GOING TO BE AROUND 2000 WATTS..KEEP THAT IN MIND
EMAIL ME AT DREAD07@HOTMAIL.COM

Anonymous

All of their stuff actually. If you are truly a representative, maybe you can tell some of your superiors. A lot of people will agree that they are unreliable, have very poor sound quality, and are definately a waste of money for what you get. If I wanted flames, I'd make my own and etch them in the basket of a decent sub and chrome dip it. Profile Californias? Get outta here man, I could buys subs at Circuit city and blow you out of the water. What kind of competition are you entering, one in a high school parking lot?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3015
Dread, try www.knukonceptz.com and www.partsexpress.com
for 2Kwatt, you'll need 0 gauge cable from the battery, then a distro block splitting down to 4 or 8 gauge for each amp, plus fusing, connectors, a thermal ckt breaker, and you will for sure need to upgrade the charging system of the car.
you may also want to look at a battery isolator and some deepcycles

dread07,
Unregistered guest
thnx glass....now for you mr. anoynmous.. profile amps, very dependable, good ratings, etc.. good for price. and lol i would never rep. audiobahn i was jk.

Anonymous

Not exceptional, though, as far as competitions go. I didn't question their rating or their price, but I do question their dependabilty compared to higher end amps, and the fact that they are not exactly up to par on a decent competition.

Username: Dread07

Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 2
yea, well i've had good luck so far with em.. so i will stick to them.. thnx anonymous.

Unregistered guest
hey, I have a 95 grandprix, I am Replacing the Rear 6x9's but the old speakers have two sets of wires one set for treble and the other for bass but the new 6x9's only have one set of connectors and i can't figure out how to wire them right. can ony one give me some help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us