Recommended Amplifier

Username: Htorres21

Philadelphia, Pa Usa

Post Number: 3
What amp do recommend for two 4 ohm infinity 1230w's rated at 1200 watt max handling power and able to handle 300 watts rms? I bought a lanzar vibe 248 rated at 1200 watt max and 300 watts rms X 2, but the subs sound really bad and as if they are going to blow. So I disconnected them immediately.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2514
Depending on your budget, Zapco/Arc Audio/Xtant/Orion/PPI PC/PCX series, Art series/JL/MTX will do just fine.

Philadelphia, Pa Usa

Post Number: 4
My budget is under $200. Do you have an exact make and model number in mind? Thanks!

Philadelphia, Pa Usa

Post Number: 5
My budget is under $200.00. Do you by chance know an exact name and model you think will really help these subs knock? Also, where will be the best place to purchase one. Thanks Isaac!

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 212
I posted under your question in Home audio, but the amp I recommended won't fit your budget.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2518
Try MTX 6500D, Audiobahn A8000T/A8002T. They're under $200.
If you're lucky, you might find Orion HCCA 225G4 amp.
eBay is your best choice. If not, try google search.

Philadelphia, Pa Usa

Post Number: 6
Issac Thanks.

I do have two 4 ohm speakers. If I were to purchase a one of the mono amps you suggested, how would I wire a mono to two 12 inch subs that are rated at 4 ohms each? Is that possible?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2523
MTX 6500D and A8000T are both 2 ohms stable. Therefore, wire your 2 subs in parallel (pos to pos and neg to neg) assuming they're 4ohms SVC.
If they're 4ohms DVC, still wire each sub in parallel to itself for 2ohms, then wire the 2 together in series for 4ohms total.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us