Noobie questions

Username: Bean

Post Number: 1
I am totally new to car audio and would like to replace the sound system in my 94 camry.

I want to swap out all 6 speakers ( including the tweeters in the doors) and the head unit.

I am looking to purchase either the new Alpine CDA-9835 or 9833 when available.

I'm not really interested in huge amounts of bass , I love a clean crisp sound from my stereo so I am not sure if I will need an external amp and sub.

I've been looking at infinity speakers for the doors and rear shelf ( willing to spend up to 250$ on speakers)

Any advise please?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1430
Infinity Kappa separates in front, coaxials in back.
Alpine with Vdrive amp for the source.
should work out well.

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Post Number: 27
Totally Agree with GlassWolf. Infinity speakers all the way. Used them, love them, can't go wrong. Not biggest fan of alpine head units simply because of looks.

Username: Jamtochristian

Post Number: 1
I agree with Tim, although I'm new to the forum, I've been running infinity's in my maz, nothing but good sound. As for alpine, I can neither boast nor bash them. But I'd say you can't go wrong with the infinity speakers.

Username: Bean

Post Number: 2
Is there a huge difference between the infinity kappa series and the reference series ? Obviously cost is lower on the reference speakers but how much different is the sound quality?

Username: Jamtochristian

Post Number: 3
Although the saying you get what you pay for isn't always true, in terms of comparing the reference to the kappa series speakers, I feel that you are best dishing out the extra dollars for this upgrade. My best advice for you is that after you have selected the models you like, take a look on www.pricegrabber.com or www.nextag.com. Put the Part numbers in there and take a look. You can usually get the speakers at a relatively low price. Furthermore, I find the www.gopcplus.com despite the fact that they deal in computer parts, they can usually get you some insanely low prices on all new infinity speakers, which also carry their warranty. Take a look.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1466
I'd stick to Kappa or Kappa Perfect lines.
I have two sets of Reference and while they are ok, the power handling is fairly weak, and they are very bright.
The Kappa lines are much much better component sets.

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 33
Yeah, go with the Perfect's if you can, otherwise the kappa's are still pretty much better than anything else you could get. However, im not sure but i think the Kappa Perfect line is only for subs, and maybe component systems. But in regards between reference and Kappa. go with the kappa's all the way. You'll get more than what you paid for.

Also check out ebay. But stick to the ebay stores, i don't trust private sellers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us