Where to set gain and eq on amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Sevin7

Post Number: 28
My freind has 2 of these:
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/ez2rockford/ModelInfo/ModelInfo.asp?Item Key=10063573&CategoryDesc=Power%20Subwoofers
and this powering them:
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/ez2rockford/ModelInfo/ModelInfo.asp?Item Key=10063512&CategoryDesc=Power%20Amplifiers
We are wondering where should we set the gain and the bass eq to make it as loud as possible without damaging anything?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2506
well Morgan what head unit is he running this off of? thats how you determine where to set your amp gains. Are those subs dual 2ohm, or dual 4ohm?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7736
set EQ flat. refer to gain setting guides on www.bcae1.com for how to properly set the amp gain.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
both subs are 2 ohms each, and not sure wwhat cd player he has... ill find out today. How does the head unit decide how much gain? is it the preamp voltage - i always wondered what that was for.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7739
yes it's the preamp voltage. read the link I gave ya. look up amplifier gain setting.
the better the line voltage, the cleaner and higher resolution the signal is going to be at the amplifier.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
he has the pioneer DEH-p6600, it puts out 2V, 100 Ohm preamp. I read the thing on gain, but it is still pretty complicated, can someone tell me where to set the gain based on those outputs on the cd player?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
since the cd player puts out 2 volts, i should put the gain @ 2 volts, but the amp only shows little dots by the gain nob , not volts??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
since the preamp voltage is only 2 volts, we should put the gain all the way up? we were just messing w/ it and the subs didnt even move unless it was all the way up, but we still have no clue where to set the other nob. It has a bunch of frequencies in Hertz, and a switch that lets you choose between lp,ap,hp , its on lp right now, i think this is the low pass filter? where should we set this nob?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us