Confirmation on the new Camaro's!

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1493
I know there has been a few threads on this subject desiding if it is true... or when they will be cumming out!
Well, one of my famillies best friends owns a chevy deallership, and he said that they will be released in 2007. They are looking at the mottle to go a head and start ordering.
So, it looks like we will be seeing the new Camaro's in a little over a year, and my mom is already on the wating list she says!:-)
I didn't get to go in depth with him, so I haven't heard what motor they are going to give options on, but it is supposed to look like the older mottle, I think he said the 1968 I believe.
The only bad thing is they wated until after Ford released the new mustange's, so it is going to look like Chevy is trying to copy them.

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 118
no problem...we all know which is better! booyakasha!

goon

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3759
"The only bad thing is they wated until after Ford released the new mustange's, so it is going to look like Chevy is trying to copy them."

Funny with all this retro stuff, because upon the release of the original Camaro, it was dubbed as a late comer Mustang copy. And the Camaro came out in 67 while the Mustang in 65, so this is like history repeated, just adding 40 years to it :-)

The new Camaro is based on the GTO platform, a little bulky and the GTO already suffers in the handling department compared to the Mustang and many other cars such as imports. Retro style is only a rumor for the Camaro, Lutz has already said he hates retro styling, and wants the Camaro to be a modern musclecar instead of a retro. Upon initial release the Camaro will resemble the GTO in many ways until they update the platform, the GTO was getting their feet wet to see if anyone would bite.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us