Have To WIn!!!

Anonymous

okay heres the deal, me n my friends were all 15/16 and getting subs and stuff, i know one of my friends is getting some sh*tty duals with a nitro sub, bu my other 3 friends are getting good stuff like jbl/kicker/rockford fosgate, so i need to get a entire system that will beat that for sure for around 350$, any ideas?, i know all my friends didn't spend more then about 350$/400 the one with the duals spent like 200 for everthing

Silver Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 170
ummm....you aint gonna find nothing that beats for that low JBL, kicker, or RF for less than $350 ha ha ha thats funny....trust me i know, just for an entire Rockford system i paid $2500.Go to Wal-Mart, you can get an entire system, buy the BOLT package and a $20 Wiring kit....and your good to go......ha ha ha

Anonymous

my friend got kicker crv's (150$ for 2) with a 1000 watt amp(150) then the box n wire/ friend with the jbl's got them used for 100 plus box, and hes gettin a 700 watt amp, one with the RF just got 1 12"p3 with a 400watt amp and all those were under 350-400$

anyone else know of a system(i think i'll pass on wal-mart.. i might get my kit there tho/lol)

Bronze Member
Username: Sevin7

Post Number: 18
they only way your gonna get cheaper and louder is used crap on ebay

Anonymous

i was thinking 2 kicker crvs? or maybe one really good suhb like a 15" or somthing beacause that way i will have about 200$ wrapped up in the subs, then spend bout 150 on a used amp, then box n kit??

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2711
anon, the only way i see to do it is, get a 15 inch jlw0 with 500-600 watts rms and pound that f u cker hard to tear them up, and it WILL DO IT, i saw one on ebay for 75 bucks awhile ago new, and i have an interfire amp ill sell you for 225 bucks shipped and your set to tear them up

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2712
i can also build you a box for 50m plus shipping ported high to blow them lol

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 359
how bout an alpine type r 15. still got mine for sale, lol. everyone around here i know says they wanna get it, but can't come up with the money (damn poor friends, haha) and they aren't selling on ebay.
like $125-150 plus shipping

Anonymous

people have been telling me to get a 12 or 15 inch atlas?? (with some ppa300.2 art series amp) will that rock their system to?/ and should i get 1 12 or 15 inch atlas's or get 2 12" kicker crv(the new 2005 ones)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2717
niether, get either the 15 jlw0 or brandons 15 type r

Anonymous

people have been telling me to get a 12 or 15 inch atlas?? (with some ppa300.2 art series amp) will that rock their system to?/ and should i get 1 12 or 15 inch atlas's or get 2 12" kicker crv(the new 2005 ones)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2722
niether

Anonymous

i just measured my car and theres this thing in my trunk that wont let a box over 15 inches tall fit in there!! so the 15" is out, so now im down to 12's, what do i do their?.. remember i gotta own their system while still keeping it in my budget

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 119
dude you can take them with a $300 budget, as long as you arent going to upgrade your deck. many say youll need to get a new deck but if your just going for bass just buy a sub, box, amp, and wiring kit. i recommend maybe a kicker crv. then get a $150 amp.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2728
anaon, what kind of car do u have, and whats blocking the box

Anonymous

1995 toyota avalon.. big trunk but theres this black box that gets in the way.. not detachable trust me... anyway im only 15 and don't turn 16 till next february, should i just wait untill like december to start talking about subs because wont the subs depreciate a little bit from now untill then? if not i might as well get them now and use them when i drive to school(school permit)

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 124
no subs wont depreciate much plus thats like 7 less months of listening to whatever you get. if there is any way to get a 15" in you trunk i have a Kicker in a sealed box that ill sell you for cheap. i also have a rockford fosgate 300w amp that pushes the sub perfect. ill give you everything for way cheaper than the internet, then you can use the extra money for some front speakers.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2737
depreciation out of the store the first day and 1 year later is the same as long as no dents or dings, but dont go with kicker, go with lke an atlas or somen somen noone else has, but i still suggest the 15 w0

Anonymous

so is 1 15" going to be better then 2 12's? and people are still telling me to get the new ascent audio atlas for 145$(12") or 160$(15"), and the only way to get a 15 in my trunk is to use the intire trunk and i golf ALOT so thats not going to work out

but maybe your box will fit what dimensions is it? and how much is your deal with the 15"/box and amp(whats the rms on the amp)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2738
the amp is 225 times 2 at 4 ohms or 550 watts rms at 2 OR 4 ohms bridged im selling it for 225 shipped, and the box is 50 plus shipping for anything u need

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2453
dop not go with the jl w0 series subs! the atlas will absolutely desimate that sub!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2454
sub what are you thinking?

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1022
Clarion DXZ445(pro audio) - $99

http://www.clarion.com/usa/products/2004_products/source_units/DXZ445.html

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=cladxz445&store=&catid=317

Soundstream Rub 300-2(300 watts rms @ 2 or 4 ohms bridged) - $99

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=sourub3002&store=&catid=303

Atlas 12(ported) - $145

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/Atlas%2012.htm

or

Atlas 15(sealed) - $160

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/Atlas%2015.htm

Avalon Install Kit - $15

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=ameupk750

Avalon Wiring Harness - $15

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=ametwh950

300 watt amp kit - $15

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=rocpowerkit2&store=&catid=5748

Build your own ported/sealed box(call Chad for specs, we can help with dimensions) - ~$30 materials

Equipment/Materials Total - ~420-435 bucks

Shipping(etronics) - ~$22

Shipping Atlas - ?

Shipping Total - $50?

Total - ~$480

The Atlas 12 will definitely sound better than your friends' stuff, but if you want to guarantee you have more SPL then you need to find a way to fit the 15. Maybe if you slanted the box's rear face it'd go in there. Oh and make sure you find a way to couple the trunk's airspace to the cabin. Removing the rear deck speakers(if you have em) is the easiest way.

As far as saving money by going w/o the h/u(knock off about $130), you could, but you'd have to either get a line out converter(LOC) or go with an amp /w hi-level inputs. Either way you're going to sacrifice sound quality.

The nice thing about the Rub 300-2(I own one) is that it doubles as a great mid/high amp(75x2 @ 4 ohms) if you ever want to upgrade say with another Atlas 12(if you go that route, x 2 sealed), a 600w sub amp, and some decent coax's/components.

-Fishy

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7696
just keep your stock system, and go steal everything your friends have.. leaving them with nothing.
you'll be the loudest car and it won't cost you a penny.

Anonymous

i have no idea how to get the trunks air space to the cabin.

Anonymous

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, anyway fishy, that deck you recommended will it play mp3's? because i got to get a deck that will

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7699
how to couple trunk to cabin air:
http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/trunk.htm

Anonymous

i dont have rear speakers, i can see that theres this seatbelt thing that leads to the cabin, i can see thru a LITTLE bit, but not much at all(same thing blocking me from a 15") anyother was to get air to the cabin??

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2746
OMG GLASS!!!! thats aweosmee!!!, but james, have you ever ehard a w0 with 500 watts rms, its unbeilievable, its louder than my friends 3 12 inch type r's, this sub is FAR underrated, WHAT ARE AYOU TINKING

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2468
dude I ran a JL 15w0 in my car once. The system consisted of this.
Sony XRU-880(head unit) very old haha
boston acoustic pro 6.5;s
infinity 6x9's
sony 10 disc changer
Rockford fosgate power 650(very old)
JL 15w0

Now I ran this entire system off of that fosgate amp. I was running two channel's bridged to the sub, and the other 4 speakers on the front two channel's. The JL sounded OK for about 4hours untill I cooked the SH!T out of it with only 325 watts so I dont even want to hear about putting 500 of good clean watts(not audiobahn) to that sub. I had a warranty on it so I returned it and got the Old JBL 1500GTI sub and ran that sub for two years flawlessly. by the way the JBL was much louder and sounded better then the w0. JL w0 is their bottom level sub I dont like it nor would I ever recomend it. The atlas will walk all over it!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2755
right now i have a friend running a RF amp to it, i dont know the model number, its 500 watts rms to MY EXACT OLD SUB, and i ran 750 watts rms from a pa amp, and 550 watts from my interfire amp i still have to it, and that sub got really really loud, louder than my 2 p3's or most subs, that sub can take alot and i never once heard it distorted

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2759
but we all have different opinions, sorry to start an argument lol

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2472
no arguement man I love JL just had a really bad expierience with that model so thats why I really am not fond of it.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2764
oh haha, thats why im not fond of welll anything but eclipse haha jk

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1024
that deck you recommended will it play mp3's?

No, but this Alpine will:

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=alpcde9845&store=&catid=317

http://www.alpine-usa.com/

The 9843 will too and is a bit cheaper, but etronics is out of stock and the thing has only one set of preouts anyways.

There are some cheaper Clarion decks that will as well, but they're not the pro audio line so I'm a lil iffy on their build quality.

If you just want to blast your friends just get a cheap LOC and use the factory h/u. You can always upgrade later.

Actually here's a good one at a decent price:

http://www.davidnavone.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=NE-8V

http://www.davidnavone.com/adaptor_products.htm

Just realize if you do plan on eventually going with an aftermarket h/u this is kind of wasted money, but if you're limited on funds and you got to have somethin to impress your friemds now..... well it'll save you about a 150 bucks.

Another option is to find a 2 channel amp that has high-level inputs, but unfortunately most of the one's I've seen aren't what I'd consider top of the line, or even close.

Maybe someone could make a suggestion.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 366
you can prob find the alpine CDA 9813, last years model, but it does mp3's and jsut about anything you could want it to. its what i run and its great. think it goes for around $200 now.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2505
yeah brandon I run the same deck and I absolutely love it:-)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2797
where can i find one, some guy is buying mine for 100 bucks lol

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2511
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39750%26item%3D5768915084 %26%26 there are 3 of them on ebay right now.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2801
hellyea i love that now, it lights up green, exactly what ive been looking for

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2802
hellyea i love that now, it lights up green, exactly what ive been looking for,

james can u contact that guy for me and ask him if he is needing an amp or a sub or some boxes or somen for it instead of money lol!!!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2515
do you still not have a ebay account? Didnt I do that for your TI lol! your killin me man. I will shoot him an e-mail and see what he says but I doubt it bro.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2810
i doubt it to lol, but yea i cant get an ebay account cause my email doenst verify who i am or some bs like that lol, THANK YOU THOUGH

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2524
no problem man.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2525
if he settles on a buy it now price and you want to send me cash I will buy it with my account and get it shipped to you.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2816
ok tahts fine with me lol

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2532
alright man I will e-mail him also keep your eye on those head units and if you want me to bid on one of them IM me at Jlongo1115 aim
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us