2003 PPI PCX 2200

Bronze Member
Username: Mcazayoux

New roads, La United states

Post Number: 74
MO says that this amp is a lot better than the kicker 850.2? i have no idea. does anyone have any experience with these amps and can u tell me how the 2 compare? thanx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
and what is a good price 4 that model?

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 777
http://carsound.com/articles/publish/article_192.shtml did you read that yet? it will give you an idea of what it can do.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
thanx dude i think im gonna buy it. puttin a little more thought into it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
what is it compared to the 500/1?

Silver Member

Post Number: 780
Take your time michael..i know its an important decision. Like i said i ran my 2 12w6v2's in a jl prowedge box off my ppi pcx 2200 and the total sound quality and spl was outstanding. Its just a perfect match. I purchased this whole setup at Myer-Emco which is a JL audio and Precision Power Dealer and they installed it for me. It hits hard and clean with any type of music. You wont go wrong man. BTW im the only one on ebay that has one. Its actually a rare amp since PPI no longer makes it. Now PPI makes the DCX series which is not even close to the PC or PCX series.

Silver Member

Post Number: 781
I even dropped the price from starting bid $240 to $230 just so you know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
just wondering, how is it compared to alpine amps? a few of my friends have alpines and just 4 competitive reasons i wanna know.

Silver Member

Post Number: 784
PPI PCX is better then any Alpine in its class. The JL 500/1 is a fantastic amplifier and is more efficiant since its class D but you will be underpowering your 2 12w6v2's with only one 500/1. Since you wanna use top quality subwoofers like w6's you better stick with somthing like a PPI PCX 2200 or a JL 1000/1 or a Xtant 1000 watt amp. All of these are underated amplifiers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 785
I forgot to mention that PPI PCX and JL audio slash series amps are rated to put out there rms wattages at 12volts. Alpine is rated to put out its rms at 14.4. This another reason why PPI PCX and JL audio and Zapco and all the top names are more expensive.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
i gotcha thanx. and that just made the PPI more appealing to me personally by the way.

Silver Member

Post Number: 786
That is why i bought also :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 787
Not to mention all the other cool features on it like the crossovers and such..its mentioned in that review. Just curious, what kinda car do you have and what kinda box are you gonna use for your W6's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
99 f150 sub said he would make me some selaed boxes. the boxes sound good because thats probably all that will fit.
o yea can u expalin 2 me what a crossover is? i started a thread in accesories about that and no1 helped

Silver Member

Post Number: 789
Crossovers can be found on your amplifier or head unit and can be used to fine tune your system with a range of frequencies and filter out the lows and highes to your drivers which are speakers or subwoofers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
ahhhhhhh thanx.

Silver Member

Post Number: 792
no problem, im sure jonathan and isaac and glasswolf can school you better on any question you have much better then i can. They are very knowledgable when it comes to car audio questions.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
still i understand that perfectly thanx

Silver Member

Post Number: 793
No prob, keep my posted on what your gonna do cause theres 3 more days left in my auction for the ppi pcx 2200.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us