New sub setup, help...

Bronze Member
Username: Skaman272

Post Number: 32
i am designing a system for my friend's mountainer. he wants it to sound like my system 2x ... sigh.... and he doesn't want to pay alot... i have:
*JVC arsenal EXAD HU
*MBQuart components (refrence) 6.5"
*Eclipse 5x7's"
*Alpine 12" Type X in a sealed enclosure
*tons of dinomat
*kicker 350.4 kx amp
*Power Acoustik A1800DB amp
He doesn't know jack about home or car audio, so he's getting the same MBquarts i have (he won't know), but for the sub i was thinking 18" re x.x.x.? mabey 2 12's or 2 15 re x.x.x.'s what would be the best bang for the buck between those setups and what would the best amp(s) be for them. (plz include prices and voice coil configs when you respond)

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2555
no instead of dynomat, get edead, much cheaper, and can triple layer for the price of a single layer of dynamat, how about 2 15 avas

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
what amp? and how much for the 2 subs and the 1-2 amps?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2562
2 avas would be 600 bucks, and you would need a 1600 watt rms amp or 1000 watt rms amp, sell him my audiobahn A1300hCt amp, would work nicely, he would think it would look cooll lol

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 495
HAHAH, look cool. My buddy's got one of their amps and caps(I think) and they work fine for his 3 10" Audiobahn subs.. They are loud, but lack SQ. I don't think they look all that cool anways.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
how do you think 1 18" would sound?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
how would 1 18" rex.x.x.x. do?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
would it be smarter to run 1 18" re x.x.x. or spend the extra money for 2 15" re x.x.x.?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 515
1 15" would be oober loud, so the 18" would be even louder, and 15" would be just about as loud as the 18"

1 15" or 18" would do fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us