Range Rover System HELP!!!

Username: Redrange

Post Number: 1
Just bought new alpine cda- 9851 was going to get sont xplod amp. I have a pair of 12' Zuez Subs in a bandpass bx that i got for free.I wanted to get a pair of newer subs within a budget of 450 ebay status. I was looking at 2 JL 12w1v2 and 2 12'volfenhag. Gice me some suggestions at what to get and what hits hard. I need some help on what subs are cleanest and loudest in a bandpass box. Give me suggestions on other jl audio subs that might be good or any other brnad you recomend. Thanks for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 254
okay dont do that.... you cant have a range rover with that system... okay 450 you want... get an avalanche, or atlas or maybe a 12w6v2 if you want JL. then build your own box... or have some1 you know do it... call up whoever made the sub and ask them for specs on the box... then make it out of .75 inch mdf and sell the rest of ur stuff and get an amp that suits it

Post Number: 2
What the difference between getting two 12's to just 1? I dont want so much bass my music doesnt sound good you know? I want to get some subs that people can hear me coming from a distance but also it hits hard and clean andnot distored.

Post Number: 3
Just a side note two what is better 2 12' JL 12w1v2 or 2 2 12'volfenhag?

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 256
i would say JL just because they are much better quality ... i actually havent heard either.... but all the subs i name wont distort nearly as soon as the subs ur talking about... for your case i would lookin into an atlas 12 at www.ascendantaudio.com its 145 dollars and it has one of the best motors made... it has great SQ and can reach 140 db in a ported enclosure... also you only need about 250-300 watts to make it loud

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2539
jl will be way better, but i would suggest spending 350 on a subs, and then 100 on a good install...
80 percent install 20 percent equip, ill build you a new box, and for 350 you could get 2 p3's or 2 w3v2's maybe, maybe even a 12 inch eclipse Ti, YEA get a 12 inch eclipse ti and not the sony amp

Post Number: 6
Alright that sounds like my best bet. 2 12' atlas. What kind of amp should i get that can handle those subs? ANd if u can give me a website or advice on different styles of bandpass boxes that would be awsome, and i appreaciate the help. Ill prolly be aksing a lot more questions so if in the future u anwser them and i 4get- thanks

Post Number: 7
Alright that sounds like my best bet. 2 12' atlas. What kind of amp should i get that can handle those subs? And if u can give me a website or advice on different styles of bandpass boxes that would be awsome, and i appreaciate the help. Ill prolly be aksing a lot more questions so if in the future u anwser them and i 4get; thanks

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2544
ECLIPSE TI 12 inch 310 bucks shipped LOL

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2430
get a JL audio 500/1 and the two atlas' and do not run them in a bandpass enclosure, run them sealed if you dont want to over power your music. I would deff go that route and the JL w1v2's really arnt that good IMO I think the JL line starts to sound good at the w3v2's and up. I would go atlas!

Post Number: 8
Wait bewtween atlas 12, jl 12w3v2,jl w1v2,eclipse 12, and volfenhag 12 which is the best and my price range is limited to lets say under 450 bcuz 450 is pushing my limit(i should have stated earlier)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2548
450 including an amp or just for subs, first off, F volfenhag, get rid of that sh*t

Post Number: 9
Its not that i want to over pwoer, but rather have good clean sound bass that is loud enough to hear me coming, i really want bandpass bcz i dont like sound of the subs jus open.(i may be confuse, the diff between sealed and bandpass id that sealed is just the norm and bandpass has all da boxes w port tubes and plexi, right?)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2433
exactly volfengarbage is awfull. I would go
1-atlas
2-jl w3v2

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2551
what about Ti

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2434
bandpass is awfull for SQ.

Post Number: 10
Alright i didnt know quality wise how volfenhag was. It was new to me ive never heard of them till today. Im used to to kicker,alpine,jl,mtx but w my price range i was looking for the best set of 12's i could get. well 450 is up in da air if u can give me options for both that would be tremendously helpful

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2558
how about a 15 inch ava, or a 12 inch elcipse ti lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
whats SQ? Im pretty new to this, but learning quick. I can always get a new box anyway if i dont like the sound of bandpass. But gimme suggestions on what type of set up you guys would have...im open to ervything bcuz i got some room in da back, and i wanna make this good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
15 mite be pushing it, whats the price? and wouldnt i get more with 2 12' than just 1 15? bcuz i have to b able to play some music w low vol bcuz of the gf

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2560
i suggest getting a 12 inch eclipse ti, a 15 ava, or 2 12 inch atlases, but ti i suggest the most lol, but the 15 ava is 299, the 2 atlases would be 300 with shipping, and the 12 ti you cang et for 310 shipped

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I think im leaning toward the 2 atlas bcuz ive had my mine set on 2 subs. Do you have any suggestions and what type of encloserus i should get???Bandpass, Sealed? ANything would help--if u ave a site that shows different variants fo boxes that b tite

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2436
sealed:-) it will sound great, and SQ is sound quality!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Ya i think im going for the two atlas. Sub if i ask u to build a box how much and im in cali so wut would da shp be?(just and est) And i also need a good amp too so gimme ur guys top 2 choices. I wanna get this systme going early nex month

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 527
i disagree with all of you....

Why do you get a Range Rover, bc its cheap and has the best performance? - no because it looks cool and is expensive - yes

So logically he needs to rock w7s bc they are overpriced and the status symbol in subs

seriously the atlas is a great woofer but it looks ugly and plain - if you have a $60,000 car i think you can spring for a bit extra

all this is null and void if its like a 82 rover though lol

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 528
2 12w6v2s for 380 a piece
1 jl 1000/1 for 700

you will be spending a lot but it will sound great look smooth and elegant

and the jl amp will give you a bit of a matching system and its a great amp

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2637
personally, jl subs look retarded, no shine, no glamour lol, BUT, for the box ill charge you for 2 12 atlases sealed ill do 60 plus shipping, im not sure what shipping would be, maybe around 50 or 60 bucks

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 530
lol how do they look worse than the atlas

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2639
i didnt say they looked better, but if NT was going for a good looking sub, Eclipse is where its at haha, But the jl is just a smooth dull black surface, at least the atlas has some contour, or the ava does, idk lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Its a 1997 range w 220,000 miles 60,000 on da "new" engine. And looks dont really mean to much for me, im more into da performance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us