I need help installing my subs!

Bronze Member
Username: Creative

CA USA

Post Number: 70
How do I hook up my two kicker comp Vr 12" 2ohms to my Zapco I-2100 Amp 2 channel? I looked at the diagrams to hook up the subs to the amp and the ohms ways and I m totally confused!

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 71
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-8F2KE4s64wi/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_du al.html

Dual Voice Coil Subwoofers

Dual voice coil subwoofers are becoming a popular choice among car audio enthusiasts who want more flexibility in wiring their sound systems. While typical subwoofers have a single voice coil, dual voice coil (DVC) subwoofers use two separate voice coils, each with its own connections, mounted on one cylinder, connected to a common cone.

The key difference between single and dual voice coil subwoofers is the multiple wiring options DVC subs offer:
Parallel: A dual 4-ohm voice coil subwoofer with its coils wired in parallel presents a 2-ohm load to your amplifier. Since an amplifier produces more wattage at a lower impedance, the parallel connection ensures you'll get the most output from your amp. In the same fashion, if you have a stereo amplifier and two DVC subs, wire both subs for 2-ohm impedance (one per channel) for maximum output.

Series: Series wiring lets you configure multiple woofers to one amplifier at an acceptable impedance. Wire both coils in series for an 8-ohm impedance, and then wire two 8-ohm subs together in parallel for 4-ohm total impedance (perfect for most 2-channel amps bridged to mono operation). Another example: if you have a high-powered 2-channel amplifier, wire four 8-ohm subs per channel (each channel sees a 2-ohm load).

Independent: You can wire each voice coil to a separate channel of your amplifier, if you prefer not to bridge your amp. Independent wiring is a nice option if you're wiring two DVC subs to a 4-channel amplifier -- one voice coil per channel.

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 72
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2&impedance=DVC2x2

That's how you wire for a 2ohm sub right?

Newark, CA USA

Post Number: 4
Nevermind about my previous posts. Well If i wired my subs series/parellel how many watts will I be getting in each sub for my two kicker comp Vr 12". I m using a Zaptco I-2100 amp.

Sub specs:

2-Channel Amp with Crossover and Remote Bass
-Balanced line input for OEM integration
-Unbalanced RCA input
-RCA output
-Bridgeable 2-channel amp
-MOSFET power supply
-Bass equalization
-Variable electronic crossover
-Remote bass gain

Stereo, 4 ohms: 2 x 100 Watts
Stereo, 2 0hms: 2 x 175 Watts
Mono, 4 ohms: 1 x 350 Watts
T.H.D. : <0.3%
Frequency Response: 10 - 25KHz
S/N Ratio: >90dB
Channel Separation: >50dB
Dimensions: 13"L x 9.9"W x 2.25"H

Newark, CA USA

Post Number: 5
some one help me!!!!!! and subfantic told me that i can't series/parellel my subs because my amp isn't stable at 2ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2632
it isnt stable at 2 ohms bridged

Newark, CA USA

Post Number: 6
Freak dude those guy at Stereo City freaking tell me hella bullshit to buy there piece of crap stuff.

Newark, CA USA

Post Number: 7
God I should have just waited and bought ednine1. amp instead. Damn what a weak amp to power my comp vrs. But it says on the info: Bridgeable 2-channel amp so doesnt that mean it's stable?

Newark, CA USA

Post Number: 10
Well I went and exchanged the 2ohm subs to 4ohms. They said with that amp and wiring it series/parellel I would be getting 400 watts a sub.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2707
because u have tot ake it out of context, its 2 cahnnels right, and tis bridgable, but ONLY bridgable to 4 ohms stable, but with that amp YOU WILL NEVER get 400 watts rms to each sub, you wire each sub in parralel to a separate channel to get 175 watts rms to each sub, thats the best you can do, i would return the amp

Bronze Member

Newark, CA USA

Post Number: 11
I see. Well they have a restocking fee of 15% and I m completly broke right now. Man I don't know anymore.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2724
what company? show me the EXACT site you ordered from

Bronze Member

Newark, CA USA

Post Number: 12
I bought from an audio store name: Stereo City.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us