Hifonics amps

Username: Hellbender

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 8
Hey everyone, How are the new Hifonics amps compared to middle of the road amps like jbl,mtx and such? I like thier designs but what about thier build quality? Thanks,

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 9
Also do you guys think that they are better then most audiobahn amps? I was looking at the new titan series TX8805 to replace my 4 channel profile clarus and a class D like the Tx1505D for a sub. Thanks again.

Bronze Member

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 12
Anyone have any opinions? Or will I continue to hear only crickets chirping in the background? :P

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 508
They are decent. I would rate them a little bit above Audiobahn. For the price they're okay, but if you could shell out a little extra cash, you could get something better.

Bronze Member

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 13
Thanks david for the input. What amps did you have in mind? I am looking for a 4 channel a 100-150 watts rms and a 2-channel or monoblock 500-1000 watt to drive a sub.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 514
Cheap reliable choice for a 4 chann would be the 650.4 and look at MO's PPI PCX 2200 on ebay. Clean power 2 channel that will give you 800 watts bridged into one chhanel. PLus I think its only $200 right now.

Bronze Member
Username: 1ohm

Dunnellon, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 18
I agree with Dave Those are some good amps, Here is a couple more Keep your eye out for any of the Jbl Bp lines.BP300, BP600,JBL has stopped making them for some time.These amps were proven to be great.Ebay is the way to go but also do a google search on them you would be suprised on some of the online shops that still have them as new!I would have to say that the old Orion hcca 225 g4, hcca 250 g4, Would be my top Choices and you can find them for great prices on Ebay.The 250 g4 could get a little pricy but I think it's woth the money for it's versitality.(think for the future)Good luck. The hunt is half the fun!:-)

Bronze Member

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 15
Thanks for all the info guys , you've been a big help. Heh, my gf owns property out in tempe AZ, and we went to Ft. lauderdale and the keys last year for a week on vacation, it was sweet! Another coincidence :-)

Bronze Member

Dunnellon, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 22
That's how it all started for me.My first trip here was the same exact cities.kept comming back every hear.Now I am here and to stay.The hurricanes are an experience let me tell you.But well worth it if you ask me!

Bronze Member
Username: Hmpadilla

Post Number: 20
Hey Aaron.I just installed a Hifonics Zues ZX8000 amp.It sounds pretty good.Got it off ebay $238 including shipping and a 4g wiring kit.Running 2 10" subs plus the stock speakers in my 2004 Avalanche.It's LOUD!! There are a lot of better quality amps,but it sounds good for the money

Bronze Member

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 19
Hey Henry, thanks for the added info every little bit helps :-)

Bronze Member

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 29
Hey Pete, Yeah thats the one place my gf and I have discussed on buying property at besides cali and AZ. We really like it there in FL. I think we might be going back to visit for a week this summer If we dont go to Cozumel or hawaii instead.

Bronze Member

Dunnellon, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 53
O.K lets go to Hawaii,I don't even know what Conzumel is..I have familily in AZ.Beautiful Nothing like it but Why take that away...If I lived there It wouldn't be as beautiul after awile.Water issues away from town where I would have to live with My harley stereo's and such,Cali..No No sir Been there I have enough problems of my own,O.K, I'm down with the Cozumel(had to google it)lets go there instead I'll tell the old lady when she wakes up!When do we plan on leaving? Oh yeah" you've got a grand I could get from ya on the way down?

Bronze Member

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 39
haha , Pete hey man lets go to cozumel . My gf and I are going in mid june (thank goodness for tax returns lol) and you and your old lady came come too. Hmm, well if i was rich I would send you a grand but unfortunately I am not lol so I think you're SOL this time around :-) There's always the future though ;)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us