I need Somone to build a Monster box for a petite car

Username: Thumper

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 1
Heres the deal, Im hooking up my girls car which is a 95 honda civic. I just bought her 2 12" immortal series subwoofers from audiobahn, I know, you guys dont like audiobahn but everyone has their high end, and plus she likes the looks. If it was me i would go with Kove Audio. Anyways the box i need is huge compared to the size im working with and i need a website that where you get to customize your own box and they make it, or if someone here would like to build one for me. but the recommendations for the subs are 2.3 cubic ft per sub, and thats with the displacemt of the subs. And the 2 ports have to be 4"x15 per chamber. If anyone thinks they are up to it or know a site where i can type in all the specs then please tell me! Thanks

I like this site, you guys are cool. Glad to join

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2469
im up to the challenge, ill build it for you

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1360
ill run some specs for you

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2472
sean, if you want to get all the specs and ill build itlol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1361
ill tell you with the 2.3 cubic feet you gain a little but not much but with speaker displacement your going to need 2.70 cubic feet per sub what is the trunks usable demensions...im pretty sure we can cram this in the civic

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2486
lol, or just ship him everytrhing precut and let him reassemble it in his car, his trunk should be near the same size as mine

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 4
Weill i know it cant be any higher than 16 inches, otherwise ill rip her trunk door off. Last box i built (looked like sh*t) was 16-1/2 in. in height and somehow i crammed the damn thing in there and in order to get it out i had to take a saw to the box while it was still in her trunk. Ill get the trunk dimensions today around 6. If you want to talk about money just email me, or ill email you. Which ever comes first. I was thinkin around 300 though. Depends.... its just sketchy cause i dont know anyone here, and i dont know how good it look and all, so dont be mad if i dont want anyone to build it. but its definetly a factor im considering, cause im not building it.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2492
dude, ill do it all for you for 80 plus shipping

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 624
i'll do it for $79 + shipping.

j/k :-)

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 5
Weill i know it cant be any higher than 16 inches, otherwise ill rip her trunk door off. Last box i built (looked like sh*t) was 16-1/2 in. in height and somehow i crammed the damn thing in there and in order to get it out i had to take a saw to the box while it was still in her trunk. Ill get the trunk dimensions today around 6. If you want to talk about money just email me, or ill email you. Which ever comes first. I was thinkin around 300 though. Depends.... its just sketchy cause i dont know anyone here, and i dont know how good it look and all, so dont be mad if i dont want anyone to build it. but its definetly a factor im considering, cause im not building it.

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 6
but 80 plus shipping is fine. and 2.3 was recommended and that WAS with the displacement. So its like a recommended 1.9 cubic feet and then a .4 displacement so you would build a box with each chamber being a 2.3 cubic feet. How good are you with details, carpeting and Plexiglass? I wanted some Plexiglass windows on the Top and Back. Ill pay for extra material. The guys at audio express told me it would be like 350 and up, and they were *sses about it so i left.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1382
your right i did goof up it would be 1.9 cf each after displacements so youll have no prob fitting the box in.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1383
nope i just checked.......its 2.95 cf per speaker but they call it 3.00 look again ice so 6.0 cf total

Gold Member

Post Number: 1384
14.5 x 30.5 x 23.5 internal = 6.01 cf

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 525
a petite or ape tit?

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 10
My golly batman, your right!..... I must have been reading to fast, the red letters at the top is telling me to include all displacement, NOT all displacement is included....Hahaha. Ok your right. D*nm thats huge. Even if it does fit in the trunk, do you think itll sound like crap since there will be almost absolutley no room in the trunk?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1386
if you have to fire it forward in the cab you should have a clear firing area if im remembering that car right with the seats down but depending on the room to the rear of the trunk it just might sound better firing backward maybe alot better

Gold Member

Post Number: 1387
if you need demension of box change let me know

Bronze Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 12
yeah, no prob, ill check the trunk dimensions when i get out of this school/prison/child abuse center/school

Gold Member

Post Number: 1388
by the way the guy i sold my immortal to had a honda also but he bought another to go with it on a 1800 watt audiobahn amp and he said it was rediculous loud from the way he was describing all that was going on i believe his story was true...i did mine in the 4 cf box at 36 hz and it was decent but i wanted more annd i think that box size even tho recommended by audiobahn was to big because the speaker made a noise out of the center dustcap area when i pounded it really really hard so i decided to sell it

Bronze Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 13
Hey man, how did you wire your immortals because i cant get them to do anything when i hooked them up to an amp

Bronze Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 15
Hey, i cant get the immortals to do anything, how do you wire them when you hook up the amp?

Bronze Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 16
Lot of silence out there guys, anybody got a clue?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2512
what ohms are the subs and amp? links to both pleaes lol

Bronze Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 17
YEAH, I was definetly hooking the subs up the wrong way. I went to circuit city and the guys up there were pretty cool. They showed me how to do it and boom, my subs work. I was connecting each terminal to the opposite charge. - to + looped around to + to - and then hooked a battery to it to see if it would pop, and nothing happened, then i hooked it up the right way and it pushed out the sub....thanks for the help though. These subs are crazy though, i could hook them up into 1 ohm, 2, 4, and up and the amp im going to use (A2300HCT) is 1 ohm stable so it all works out perfectly. This system is versatile. I also talked to the guys at circuit city and he said he could build me a custom Fiberglass box that would have slots for the amps and the capacitor. Sooo sorry Subfantic. We can exchange things later though, if you come up with any ideas
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us