How to wire 2 subs up to 2 amps?

Username: Ironguard32

Post Number: 3
I am very new at this,So here gos.I have to pioneer amps 760 watts maybe around 360 rms brigded .I have to old 12" kickers think they are c12a competion.no ideal on watts or any thing.Right now i have 1 amp per sub both are brigded.How can i wire them so i can get the best sound for what i got?

Username: Thumper

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 9
run 6 ga or 4 ga power wire as short as possible from your battery to the area where your amps will be. From the power wire, run it through a distribution block so that you can run a wire to each amp, and then hook up your subs like you would normally. You can buy rca cables that have 2 ends on one side and 4 ends on the other. And if you want to rig your power wire you can just run a small wire from the Battery input on the amp to the remote input. Itll look like your bridging the Battery and remote inputs on your amp. Do that to both amps and youll be fine.

Post Number: 5
Thank you very much.That helps alot.

Bronze Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 28
No prob babycakes ::Cough:: ::gets up slowly:: ::looks around cautiously:: ::quickly walks away::

Post Number: 6
Ok now i have a new problem my lights dim bad hit the subs hit hard,what can i do about that?

Post Number: 7
Ok now i have a new problem,my lights dim bad when the subs hit hard,what can i do about this?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1459
you have more draw from your amps power wise than your alternator can handle the best thing you can do is upgrade your alternator to a larger one a capacitor will just be a band aid if you buy one of those

Bronze Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 33
HO Alternator. It sounds like a downtown street corner alternator......::bada ding::

Just get a High Output alternator, somewhere around 170 amps, and yee should do fine me lad. A cap would help too

Bronze Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 34
HO Alternator. It sounds like a downtown street corner alternator......::bada ding::

Just get a High Output alternator, somewhere around 170 amps will be more than enough, and yee should do fine me lad. A cap would help too. make sure if you get an alternator to change the wire connecting the alternator too. 4 gauge should be perfect. or just get it proffesionally installed

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2668
wow, just wow

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2669
wow, just wow,

he is right about everything, but with a 170 amp alt, go as low as you can with the new wiring, rewire the big three as big as you can, BUT DO NOT get a cap without a new alt

Bronze Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 36
::cha Ching:: with that your good to go

Post Number: 8
Ok thanks alot for all the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help