Small budget!

jack walton
Unregistered guest
should i get 2 okay subs or 1 good sub for the price of about 150$.. i want good sq but loud,

whats your input... any info would be good!

jack walton
Unregistered guest
would the kicker comp vr's or the Rockford Fosgate punch stage 2 be better?? seem like same price and same specs......

jack walton
Unregistered guest
i dont need THAT much bass.... just enough to be heard from a few blocks away when i want to ;)

BUT I WANT IT TO SOUND GOOD

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 246
get an ascendant audio atlas 12 or 15 for eityher 145 or 160 ... they are very efficient subs that will get loud with vrey little power and they have ood SQ as well... the rockfords and kickers will not have even close to the SQ of the atlas

www.ascendantaudio.com

Bronze Member
Username: Creative

CA USA

Post Number: 61
Does the kicker Comp VR 12" SPL louder that the atlas?

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 248
i would think the atlas in a ported box could definetly keep up with a comp VR... ive heard atlas's can get into the 140s

jack walton
Unregistered guest
i heard ALOT of good things about the kicker comp cvr/vr and i could get 2 subs not just one either 10 or 12". i heard they had good s/q and spl so i was just wondering if im right or im just stupid..lol
also i really like kickers look(glass,fishy could use your guys' help here)

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1456
The CVR's are good sub's, but the Rockfords will out perform it in spl. I believe the Atlas will outperform it in both sq/spl.
I would recomend going with a 15 Atlas with a ported box tuned to around 35 HZ.

jack walton
Unregistered guest
i dont want a 15", but will 1 12sound better then 2 10's(kicker crv's)? and where can i buy these atlas 12" subs at. Also i would appreciate it if you had any amp suggestions(again im on a tight budget so i need somthing probably in the 100-170$ range) I think i'll get my amp of ebay

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 426
Thats the bonus to the Atlas 12". The sub only cost like $150 plus shipping and it only needs 250 watts to get moving. The Atlas would be better than the Kickers. You can find the Atlas on www.ascendantaudio.com

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2374
1-atlas 12 and a PPI a300.2:-) sub for $150 and amp for $150(ebay) and you will have a slammin system for $300 or under thats pretty amazing:-)

jack walton
Unregistered guest
thanks guys this fits my budget PERFECT..but one last Q, do you recomend the ported box or a sealed for the atlas?? i still want good sq but still alot of noise

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 250
i would reccomend a ported tuned between 27-34 hz... i think ascendant audio reccomends 27-30 hz though ... reason why i say ported is because it will give you about 3db more spl and the atlas will still sound good.

jack walton
Unregistered guest
is it that big of difference?? because i don't know how to find a box tuned to that or whatever.. so unless you got anywhere to get one i duno what to do

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 101
jack if your going for sq deff. go with sealed. ive never been a fan of ported, ide hate to lose the great sound quality of the Atlas due to a ported box. ask around here most people will tell you sealed is by far the way to go.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2401
go ported tuned to about 27htz you will not lose any SQ as a matter of fact lower tuned ported boxes have better SQ then seales poxes and are much more efficient with the power provided to them. If you are going to go with the PPI a300 I would go sealed just because of the power provided but thats me.

Jessey
Unregistered guest
Im not some expert in this stuff so i have no idea how to make a ported box 27htz.. does goin sealed make a big differene loudness of the sub.. because i still need to get loud you know;) whats the poin in gettin a sub if you never run it loud......

sealed or bandpass im still getting mixed opinions

Jessey
Unregistered guest
Im not some expert in this stuff so i have no idea how to make a ported box 27htz.. does goin sealed make a big differene loudness of the sub.. because i still need to get loud you know;) whats the poin in gettin a sub if you never run it loud......

sealed or bandpass im still getting mixed opinions

jack walton
Unregistered guest
And are you guys sure 1 12" going to be louder then 2 kicker crv's ( i just want to check one last time)and sound better, because on other threads there tellin me the opposite

P.S. sorry bout the name diff thats my name on a diff. thread
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us