Need some help please

Bronze Member
Username: Kalow_80

Post Number: 11
i am lookin at getting 2 12 inch subs.. the problem is selecting which ones to get.. could everyone please give me a list of like 5 subs that thay suggest.. my budget is 400-450 at the most for 2 12's

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2294
2 12 inch atlases, 2 12 inch eclipse al 88100's,
1 12 inch x.x.x, 1 12 inch sx, 2 12 inch kicker comp vr's, 2 12inch p3's

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1320
id do one idmax 12d but you could do 2 ..heres the site to get them cheap $279 shipped

http://www.carmedia1.com/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
what do u guys think about MTX 5500 thunder.. or the JL 12 3w2v??

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2299
the jl is a ncie sub

Gold Member

Post Number: 1321
the jl w3 v2 is a very nice sub for sq ive personally tested one in my vehicle with a 2.00 cf sealed box before the subwoofer was in and smooth is the word it peaked at 124 db in car before distortion it tends to need more than rated power in that box id do 400 rms to it if it was me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
but it does not have very good SPL?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1322
its optimal sealed box size comes to 2.16 cf before the subwoofer. if you want to get more bottom end port it to 29 hz in the 2.16 cf box it should sound sweet there

Gold Member

Post Number: 1323
you should pick up about 4 db ported there so id say 128 db ported but i also pick up 2 db with my windows down the 124 db was with windows up so i could peak 131 db with that sub windows down

Gold Member

Post Number: 1324
opps i meant 130 db with windows down

Gold Member

Post Number: 1326
130 db is fine for an sq sub that cheaply priced

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2312
wow sean, 4 posts in a row lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
would you recommend this sub... did u like it and will 2 12's sound good?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2313
yea my friend has 2 12 inch w3v2's in his truck under the seats, very supurb subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 1327
i really really liked the sound of this subwoofer absolutely no distortion i was impressed but that was on my mtx 81000d that puts out 1500 rms at 2 ohm...id say 400 rms would do nice with this sub...do the ported box i recomened this sub will shake stuff i had the legend cd in and at one point the bass hit but i couldnt hear it all that happened was as if it came through in three divided waves and shook i mean shook everything ported at 29 hz its gonna be even more impressive than my sealed box was because it will be about 4 db louder on the bottom end than it was in the sealed box

Gold Member

Post Number: 1328
reminder....

its optimal sealed box size comes to 2.16 cf before the subwoofer. if you want to get more bottom end port it to 29 hz in the 2.16 cf box it should sound sweet there

Gold Member

Post Number: 1329
the wierd thing was my lanzar dc 12s (original lanzars not pyramid) were at least 10 db louder in a sealed box than the single jl 12w 3 v2 was but i could hear it outside my car more than my lanzars....go figure
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us