Bronze Member
Username: Mcazayoux

New roads, La United states

Post Number: 22
which hits louder?

Bronze Member
Username: Skaman272

Post Number: 25
The JL 13W7, by a hell of alot!!! the kicker can't come close to a 13w7 ran off a 1000/1

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2273
michael, shut up! lol, jk, but i disagree, i think a 12l7 could possibly match up

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1317
both subwoofers could hit the same spli know this from real life encounters but then again a 15 inch super blue can do 145 db at 600 rms so far that ive heard so id bet any half decent sub could hold their own in the right hands but all would be a challenge to the 150 db mark

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3709
It depends on what kind of comparison you're making. In all around sound quality over a wide bandwidth, in a sealed enclosure, the W7 will win out in most cases. But if you put both in a ported box and pack power on them, the L7 will win out due to the motor strength and surface area. It's all in what you want to do and how you do it. As far as which is a better sub, I'd rather have a W7, the L7s suck for reliability, there are numerous issues with them and as high as the failure rate is, you'd think it came from BOSS or Sony.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1318
oh yeah i agree a jl 13 w7 would win if you went in sq no question just as jon said but for the price difference would you expect any less

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3710
The W7 would do best for SPL over a wide bandwidth, just noticed I didn't mention that in above post, just mentioned SQ.

Anacard
Unregistered guest
I have a w7-13 sounds grate in sealed box with a jl 1000 also have 2-12l5 , swiched things up i put my 1200 ppi art sires on the jl and jl amp on the kickers, and kickers hit . not like they did before they pound , but i also never ran one kicker with 1000 watts? like the kickers for SBL jl for SQ .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us