Alpine subs

Anonymous

ok i wont to get 2 10" alpine type r's but i need to know a good site to get them from for the cheapest price so if u have a list of sites that sells alpine cheap plz let me see it

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2210
http://www.electronicgiant.net/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=11&prod ucts_id=2591&osCsid=8c759119ff29622a17e7ae4ef44113fa
95 bucks the best i could find, hope this helps

Anonymous

i know im getting the 2 10's but i wanna know how the 2 10's would compare to the 1 12" type r in spl.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2215
well thje 2 tense would be louder no doubt, but not by a huge amount, its because of more surface area combined lol

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 214
1 15 would be louder than 2 10s though

Anonymous

well would i be better off getting the 2 10s then or going for 1 12" b/c it would be cheaper?

great im already changin my mind lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
1 12 will have better low end extension and if u were gonna put it in a tuned ported box tuned low i would go with the 12. Will be plenty loud with enough power as long as u arent trying to rattle your neighbors houses but 2 10s would have a hard time doing that anyways especially a sub with such a small xmax

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2224
how about a 12 inch atlas instead

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
agreed

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2232
dam i wnat one

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
what more do you need lol?!?!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2235
i need money is what i need, but what i want is a 12 ava when it comes out and a 12 atlas for now, then the prototype when it comes out, and when re's amps come out i want to test one lol

Bronze Member
Username: Creative

CA USA

Post Number: 48
Alpine Type R 12" or Kicker Comp VR 12"? Which subs do you guys think is better in SQ and SPL?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2244
id take the comp vr's, personal preference lol

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 284
lies.. alpine wins

Anonymous

yea but i cant fit a 15 , so should i get the 2 10"s for over $200 or 1 12" for $150 ?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2277
get a 12 inch atlas for 140 plus shipping lol

Anonymous

im gone go with the 1 12" now lol for sure now i just got to find out how i can fit it in my truck lol

Anonymous

well i already have my amp so i cant power an atlas dam it

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2283
what kind of amp?

Username: Strode

Ft Collins, CO

Post Number: 6
hey i have a question but didn't want to start a new thread.....my type x comes in the mail weds. and i have the option of putting it in a 1cu ft sealed, a 1.25cu ft sealed, or a 1.5cu ft ported box. i'd rather have it hit low than LOUD, but i can't find any box specs for alpine subs, and i don't know what the box is tuned for, but i listen to drum&bass a lot and the low end is key

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2292
that sub wants .5-1.0 cubic feet sealed

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 314
i got an alpine type r 15 dual 4 (04) i need to sell if anyone is interested. email me at my username @charter.net

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2308
how much, im interested

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 316
125 plus shipping sub
i used it for a couple months, powered by a Jl 500/1 and in a sealed box, it hasn't been abused and is still in perfect working order. cosmetically it has 1 flaw, part of the rubber stuff on the edge tore (not the surround) when i was takeing it out of the box and my hand slipped. i glued it back down. doesn't affect sub performance at all. not very noticable, i got a pic but it won't let me put it on here, idk why. send me an email and i'll send you the pics if you want
thanks

Anonymous

its a legacy la790 which sux but i got it as a gift so im gone use it

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2314
sorry ill pass, id rather get the 12 inch atlas

Anonymous

oh yea and how do i know which type r to buy the 2ohm version or the 4ohm?

Bronze Member
Username: Creative

CA USA

Post Number: 51
Everyone seems to like the Atlas 12" sub. Which makes me want to buy them over the Comp VR. So out of the Atlas and Comp VR 12" which is the better sub in SQ and SPL?

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 317
thats cool sub, if you know anybody who might be interested, let me know. price isn't set in stone
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 433
brandon...email me at rtc0420@yahoo.com..if the price isnt set in stone then i might pick it up from ya.

Anonymous

oh yea and how do i know which type r to buy the 2ohm version or the 4ohm?

im just getting one so im bridging my amp so is there a certain one i have to have if not whats the difference?

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 322
most amps are only 4 ohm stable if bridged, so you'll need to get the dual 2 ohm and wire the coils in series for a 4 ohm load

Anonymous

ok but what if i get the 4ohm and not bridge my amp can i just get the wires from the speaker and run them straight to the right side in the postive and negative things

and if im just getting one sub would it be better to bridge it with the 2ohm version or how would i do it?

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 324
you'll need to bridge the amp and hook it to the dual 2 ohm version with the coils wires in series.
i don't think hooking each coil with its own channel is a good idea

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 325
you'll need to bridge the amp and hook it to the dual 2 ohm version with the coils wires in series.
i don't think hooking each coil with its own channel is a good idea

Anonymous

ok thanks all but i figured out im getting the 2ohm version and im wiring it like this

1_2ohmDVC_4ohm.gif
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us