Wiring Size Question

Username: Crazyfool289

Post Number: 2
im going to have a kicker kx850.2, would 4 gauge be good or should i go with 2 gauge?????????

Bronze Member
Username: Volfenhag1200

Post Number: 26
the only time you really need 2 gauge wire is if you are gonna hook up mutiple amps with lots of power from them. 4 gauge should be fine with your amp

Username: Crazyfool289

Post Number: 4
thanx dude i'll go with 4 guage. hey do you know anything about impedence??? like should i go with 2 ohms or 4 ohms if im bridging a single sub? by the way its gonna be a 15" L7 (on that kx850.2) if that makes any difference

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7637
4AWG is good for up to 150A peak current. that amp will draw under 100A, so yeah 4AWG is fine.
If you add another amp consider larger power cable and a distribution block at the amps to split to smaller 4 or 8ga cable as needed per amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 54
hey im trying to look into a higher amp alt and a D block. I was ganna run 4 guage from the battery to a d block. I have a kicker kx1200.1 and kx350.2. they both say to use 4 guage for the amp, so should I run 4 guage from the battery then d block it to two 4 guage wires for the amps so im running 4 guage all the way through or should I go 2 guage to two 4 guage wires to the amps? oh yeah and my alt im looking into a 200a alt because ill be pushing 1,680 watts rms and a under body glow kit, plus an alarm any advice?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us