Soundstorm amp question

Anonymous

Specs- 2 Channel MOSFET Bridgeable Power Amplifier with Remote Subwoofer Level Control

max power 2 ohms 800W x 2~

rms power 4 ohms 300W x 2

bridged power 1600 x 1

damping factor 125 +

any good?.... if not i need another cheep solution

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 354
Crapp. Look at Kicker, MTX, Hifonics and SoundSTREAM for cheap/decent solutions./

Anonymous

is the sound quality bad or somthing because it looks like it puts out decent power... i think i'll prolly go with somthing more name brand like the ones you listed or jbl or somthin

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7621
poor reliability and poor performance.
never use "max power" ratings. they're meaningless made up numbers.
use RMS or CEA power ratings.

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
i put a soundstorm R280.2 In a friends car just for a little thump and it has been hitting hard for 3 years now. I agree the name sucks, but it can treat you well on a budget. The R.280.2 puts out 120 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms low THD (under .5% i think) It kicks 2 orion cobalt 10's running 2 ohms stereo. Sounds pretty good too (for the price of the amp..at around 90 bucks new) The remote amp gain is a nice feature. Giver a try, 300X 2 RMS is not all that bad, but i would expect a TRUE 150-200 RMS x2...still, not bad on a budget.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2379
The problem with cheap amps is, they give you power with distortion/clip mixed in. Unless you have super ears, you won't be able to pick that up at high volume.

Anonymous

so then good for the money?? or should i spend the extra hundred and get somthing bettr

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 399
You get what you pay, pay extra and get something worth the money.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 400
You get what you pay, pay extra and get something worth the money.

Anonymous

so what do you recommend?

Anonymous

i need a in-expensive amp, like really in-expenisve
So whats the cheapest amp thats still good (like around 600w rms) if thats possible. because thats what that soundstorm was so thats why i was considering it

Anonymous

i need a in-expensive amp, like really in-expenisve
So whats the cheapest amp thats still good (like around 600w rms) if thats possible. because thats what that soundstorm was so thats why i was considering it

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 438
How much do you have to spend? BTW the Soundstorm will not replicate those numbers at all, you'd be lucky to get half what they say it will achieve.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7653
either save more money before you buy something, or look at buying used instead of new if you're looking in the soundstorm $40 amp range. you're not going to find anything worth the money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us