Intelliguard 7000

Username: Joediesel

Post Number: 1
i had an intelliguard 7000 for about 2 years now im just starting to have problems with it when i lock doors i get the 4 chirp problem when i go in the car the light flashes 4 times nothing works anymore the blackjack autoarm nothing but the remote

ryanr
Unregistered guest
Most likely the trunk or hood pin switch is telling the alarm that they're open. In my experience, the most common cause is a bent or loose pin switch at either location. If you are not concerned with either the hood/trunk pin switch functionality, unplug the wire from the back of either (or both) switches. The will be a white wire with a black stripe for the hood switch or grey wire with a yellow stripe for the trunk switch. Additionally, if either wire has damaged insulution and is touching the body anywhere (grounded) the alarm will percieve this ground signal as an open switch, again - the four chirps will result. The alarm believes it has an open hood/trunk and is disabling a signifgant portion of its features - fix it and these features will spring back to life.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us