My speakers arent working

Username: Lmagus1

Post Number: 1
ok i have a 90 toyo corrolla, and i just installed to 4 inch infinities in the dash, and they sounded great. but now none of my speakers are working. Ile list a everything i did

first i took out the piece under the steering wheel so i could get at the speaker and removed the speaker that was there.
then i connected one of the infinities and tested to see how it sound. it sounded good so i mounted it and put everything back.
after that i took out the glove compartment to get at the passenger front speaker. removed that speaker and connected the other infinity and tested that one it sounded good also.so i put everything back.
i go and connect everything back onto the battery. and turn on the car, and only my subs were working. the radio turned on but no sound was going through any of my speakers except the subs. so i disconnect my subs and tried again. and nothing. i turn the radio on and i keep hearing a cracking sound coming from the passenger font speaker, but no where else in the car.( i only hear the cracking noise when i turn the radio on) so i have no idea wuts wrong, or wut happened, im thinkin i may have put the possitive and negative on back wards on 1 of the infinities, but i have no idea and help would be appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 185
Yes you have the right idea. You are probobly connecting the infinity's to the wrong terminals(+ -). If not that, you may be grounding your new speakers by accident. Magnet on metal, loose speaker wire, which would cancell out any sound coming from the source.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us