Speaker help for 2004 Chevy avalanche

Bronze Member
Username: Hmpadilla

Post Number: 15
Need some suggestions for door speakers for my truck.I am running a 5ch amp,the front 4chs are 110w rms@2 ohms.I have 2-10" kenwood subs hooked up to the 5th ch.and I'm running the stock HU and stock door speakers.I'm on a SUPER tight budget.the front doors actually a seperate mid and tweet and the rear doors just have a coax.I would like to install a pair of infinity kappas 6 1/2 componets in each door but my budget won't allow it.Any suggestions??? My other option I thought of is a set of 3-ways in the rear and a set of componets in the front.I'mm just looking for some good sound.Not trying to win any sound contest.Seen some MTX componets for about $70/pr just not to sure of the quality.Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 313
You get what you pay for. I would wait until you have more cash and get the Infinity's. You won't even need the rear speakers unless you want rear fill, an dit's basically a waste of money. Or you could leave the stocks speaks in and run them off the head unit with a low pass filter.

Bronze Member
Username: Hmpadilla

Post Number: 16
Thanks David.I was actually leaning towards just replacing the fronts with the kappas.I think I'll be happier with the sound of 1 set of good quality speakers compared to 2 sets of cheap ones

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 318
Exactly. YOu may also want to upgrade your HU soon too. Decent Pioneer decks can be had for like $125, and the SQ would go through the roof.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us