Cerwin Vega Stroker or JL W7

Username: Blackviolet

Post Number: 1
I've been looking around a bit, and from what I've read, these are both supposed to be good speakers. Which would you say is better? Would one 18" CW be as good as two 12" W7's? Are two 12" W7's overkill? Will one 12" or one 13.5" suffice?
Should I have a custom box, or...?
Also, would a Rockford Fosgate 1000 watt amp be OK to power any of these? Is a JL 1000/1 amp significantly better? What about Audiobahn? What would you say is my best bet?
Can I put CERWIN-VEGA V-MAG602 6.5" speakers in the doors, regardless which subwoofer(s) I get? Do you think I'll need more than one amp? If so, will I need to do anything to the battery or engine of my car?
I honestly don't know much about this stuff.
Also, something I have no idea about:
How do you fix your car to keep it from making the shitty rattling noises? I hate when someone has a nice stereo, and when they drive past, you hear more of their car rattling than you hear their bass.

Thanks so much!
Also, any tips on where to find these things cheap?

Post Number: 2
Also, what tweeters and stuff should I get?

Post Number: 3
And what is SQ?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2331
Desiree, it all depends on the type of sound you're looking for. I personally have 1 18" sealed sub in my car and it pounds. If you have the space and want lot of bass, then try 2 12", if not 1 13"/15"/18" will do.
To get rid of the rattle, you need to bolt down the tail lights, trunk lid, rear plastic cover near the window, and lots of dynamats. If you look at the trunk, it just sits on top of a foam when closed. That will rattle with heavy bass.
You can put 6.5" speakers in your car doors. For balanced sound, try components and external amp to drive them. The stock/HU doesn't have enough power. It will get over powered by the sub.
You will know when you need alternator upgrade. The lights will dim, and your car's idle will sound weird. Until then, you don't need to spend money.
As for tweeters, it comes with the speakers. If you want more highs, then installing extra tweeters near the dashboard will certainly work very well.

Post Number: 4
Thanks!
What's SQ? And which subwoofer would you recommend?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 370
SQ is sound quality, and personally I would take the 13.5W7 over the Stroker. JL 1000/1 would be nice if you have the cash, but if not then a JBL 1200.1 would work, or a Hofonics BX1000d.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 371
Hifonics, not Hofonics**
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us