Need help with audio system

Username: Tiresias79

Post Number: 1
Ok, I just bought a used 1998 Taurus SE with the whole integrated climate control and radio setup. The thing is, how do I tell if it is the MACH setup or not?

I've been told if it's the MACH, it'll be very difficult changing out the radio and putting in a new HU. If it's not a MACH, I've been told it's much easier.

Can anyone give me any insights into telling which one I've got, and what will be involved in putting in a new system. I'm not technically inept, I can at least follow directions, but I have little to no experience in dealing with the installation of stereo systems. Thanks for any help.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7536
well Metra makes a kit for the Taurus to replace the factory HVAC controls and allow installation of an aftermarket head unit.

otherwise look at using a PAC OEM-1 adapter to convert to RCA outs for adding an amplifier to a factory radio.

Username: Tiresias79

Post Number: 2
Any way to tell if I have the MACH system or not? I'm not necessarily wanting to keep the factory radio, I'm wanting to put in a whole new HU and use the factory speakers, for now at least. What am I looking at for this kinda install? Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us