1200 watts rms and a 15 inch Ti

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1991
guys, im going to run a JBL 1200.1 at 2 ohms to my 15 inch TI, and i want to run all 1200 watts rms to it, what kind of box can i put it in to safely do it

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 205
werent you selling that 15"? what about the mt and all the amps you were going to run =)..

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1993
i wanted to, but im afraid of hurting my cars electrical system

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 451
a sealed box will allow you to put the most power to the sub.

Unregistered guest
I agree with J.W., a sealed box is the most stable type of box. However, a vented or ported box would get you about a 3dB gain, but a the same time it will reduce the life of the speaker.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 458
i was actually refering to the power handling of the sub, not the stability of the box. a ported box, b/c of its ability to release pressure through the port, will allow the sub to reach full excursion with less power. in the same respect, it will also allow you to overpower the sub easier.
i believe the TI is a 750 watt sub; 1200 watts is a lot of power for it, but if you are careful with your gain settings, you should be ok.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2004
ok cool, yea i can pick upp a nice jbl 1200 for a good price so i want to kepe this amp if i ever add sh*t to my system and it will run the TI decentlyo only getting close to doubling its power lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us