New system

Bronze Member
Username: Munkyjojo

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 64
again...all of my crap got stolen. There goes my two jl 12w0's. Also to make it worse, i lost my job. So now i dont really have any income except ebay. Now i want to make a sorta stealth setup in my truck. I was going to buy two 8's, two 5 1/4's, and two 6 1/2's. I'll run the four speakers right off my HU(alpine) but i'll need another amp for the 8's. I want the subs to be at least 100w rms and the amp powerful enough to run both of them. I just have no idea on which brands to go for. Any suggestions on which subs, speakers and amp to buy would be great.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2295
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll land another job soon.
Take a look at PPI PC/PCX series amp on eBay. They go for as much as Pyramind/Sony brands but it's 10x better.
Infinity Kappa Perfects are reasonably priced, as well as Polk Momo MM6, and Diamond Audio.

Bronze Member

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 65
what would you suggest for subs?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1976
re 8's

Bronze Member

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 67
I just looked up the ppi amps. Those things aren't that cheap. have any other suggestions for an amp?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1979
how much do you want to spend

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2261
as far as 8's look at the RE8's

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2262
hahaha sub didnt see that!

Bronze Member

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 68
Ok. I think i'm going to buy the re8's for a definite. But they are dual 4 ohm. I'm pretty sure that this has something to do with the way you have to wire these to an amp. So what kind of amp should i go for? 2 chnl, 4 chnl, mono? also how should i wire these.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 462
get a mono amp that puts out 300 to 400 watts at 1ohm (wire the coils in parallel and then the subs in parallel to the amp) or a two-channel amp that will put out that power at 4ohms bridged(wire the coils in series and then the subs parallel to the amp).

www.bcae1.com/spkrmlti.htm
www.bcae1.com

Username: Malachi01

Salt lake city, Utah USA

Post Number: 1
hey i'm lookin to get some sick W7's but am not to sure about the whole amplifier, tweaters, speakers thing. do you think that a 1000/1 amp will be all right with 2 8 inch W7's? or will bridgin' it mess it all up?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2006
you wont bridge your amp, its a one channel amp, you will have to run the subs in parralel though if tahts whats you mean

Bronze Member

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 69
ok..im back. I got me the speakers that i needed. also, i contacted the guy about the re 8's and i can get both of them for $158 shipped. Now im looking for an amp. Also, i figured out how to wire the subs in parallel to an amp but the whole wire the coils thing has me confused. can anyone explain this in more laymans terms.

Bronze Member

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 71
How good is a profile clarus amp? would it work for what i need? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797%26item%3D5763507611 %26
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us