How do you feel about your current sound system?

Bronze Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 48
This is a discussion board after all. Is there anything you plan on upgrading soon and what do you dislike/like about your sound system?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 217
I need/want a better amp and I am going touprade my sub to an Atlass 12" soon!! Other than that, I am quite pleased.

Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 6
I am currently building a 3-way tower for my home. It has two 8" drivers, two 5" mids, and 1 tweeter in each box.

This setup is gonna be smooooooth and rich.

I quit investing in car stuff about 10 years ago. I don't like getting ripped off.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 220
My friend has Phillips 5.1 and I think that thing is simply phenomenal so I imagine that set up would be even better.

Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 8
This is the phillips 5.1

Upload

This is my tower

Upload

The O.D. are: 12 X 64 X 16

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3629
Like the System 360, tweeter is a little soft in the upper range, not by a large amount though. Need to build a custom crossover or active, the midrange needs improvement in the HPF and can get raw sounding at higher levels. A 12db/oct+ will fix that though. Plan a System 240 Esotar or Rainbow Platinums in my next vehicle whatever it will be, and either US, Arc, or Zapco amps.

Home Audio, I plan a custom setup, but I'm still building my home for the time being :-). Probably raw drivers and custom crossovers, haven't decided on the receiver, amp, etc yet.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 489
I am pumped with my system, I love my mb quart components and my eclipse Ti 12" my zapco and jbl gto 1201 amps are also performing well

My only gripes are a small amount of engine noise which I hope will be eliminated by the sweet new double din head unit i ordered from kyoto and I also want to get a h.o. alternator to give some support to my alumapro cap...eventually i need to install sound deadening and the alumapro volt meter i just picked up as well

Bronze Member
Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 25
I need to get a bigger amp for my 15" RE X.X.X since I sold my Hifonics amp. It still sounbds awesome with just half of the rms power coming from my Pioneer amp that I bought for 30$. I also have an epicenter and that helps some. I want to upgrade to a RE MT with maybe 2 Hifonics BX1500Ds or BX1605Ds. I don't have the money yet though I am gonna buy a new set of MB Quart Premium 6.5" components before anything else.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2007
jacob, please tell me what an epicenter does, as far as i can tell people dont know what they do and all i can figure out is that when you use a cassete tape player it reproduces the missing file's i guess to mkae the music more smooth like a cd and doesnt do anything for you if you have a cd player?

Bronze Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 79
Maybe I can help you with the what an epicenter is...A process digitally maximizes the ultra-low bass on all types of source material. The Epicenter detects bass harmonics, then digitally recreates the underlying fundamental for the punch and impact of live music. Simply, you get more bass, and it's louder. Here's a pic for whateverUpload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us