System Advice

Username: Nz24

Post Number: 1
I am planning to upgrade my son's 4runner audio eq. He has be been looking at the Pioneer DEH-P80MP for the head unit. How does that compare to the new Ecliplse units? Also I would like to match up an amp,sub and front speakers. Any advice? My budget is approx. $2,000.

JKW
Unregistered guest
I would go with the eclipse. It will be a little more money, but will be worth it in the long run.

JKW

Post Number: 2
Which eclipse would equate to the deh-p80mp?

JKW
Unregistered guest
The easiest way is to compare the features of the Pioneer to the Eclipse. Decide what features you want.Find the Eclipse that has those features and you are on your way.

JKW

Post Number: 3
How about the rest of the system? What amp and speakers would be best suited for the eclipse?

Post Number: 4
Are Eclipse Headunits compatible with XM or only Sirius?

Bronze Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 34
They are compatible with both if you buy a plug and play unit(such as the Delphi Roady;XM or Clarion Calypso;Sirius).

But if you want to buy the unit that stays connected to the unit permanently, the Eclipse units are Sirius ready. This type of unit(the SIR-ECL1) looks like this:
Upload

Post Number: 5
Thanks. Unfortunately I already have XM in my other car. Still looking for advice on amps and speakers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
There really aren't the "best suited" amps and speakers for a headunit, but there are for a car itself. What type of car are you putting them in?

Post Number: 6
I am putting it in a 2003 Toyota 4Runner.
Thanks. It has the base stock radio.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 218
Man I wish my pops would upgrade my stereo system with 2g's. For speakers, stick to only the fron set and get a pair of good component sets. SOmehting like MB Quart, Infinity, Boston and CDT would work great. You are going to want to power those speakers with amp. You can get a 2 channel or a 4 channel and use the back to channel bridged to a subwoofer.Secondly, what kind of music does he listen to? Metal, rap? Does he want loud booming bass or quick punchy bass?

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 219
As for the HU, you should get what he wants because it is obvisouly the one with the features he is looking for.

Post Number: 7
Thanks for the advice. He listens to all types of music, but I guess more rap than anything else.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 251
Than you will want more booming bass. I would get the HU he wants, a set of Infinity Perfect 6.1's powered by a PPI A300 , and for the sub I would get an RE X.X.X. powered by an JL Audio 1000/1. Of course you'll need a dist block and probably a better alternator.

Post Number: 8
One more question. If I were to purchase the equipment online, where do I find qualified installers in the Fairfield County area?

Post Number: 9
David, I am leaning toward an eclipse HU. The only issue is I already have XM in my other cars and I understand eclipse supports sirius. Based on all this, would I just be better off getting Alpine or possibly Pioneer which supports XM and not have to deal with an additional XM unit? Thanks again for all your help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
What kind of XM unit do you have?

Post Number: 10
Delphi SA50000 Add-on XM Satellite Radio Tuner
in one car and it is built into the other.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
This is what I am planning to put in the 4Runner. What do you guys think? Do you have better alternatives?
Thanks for all your help

Pioneer Premier DEH-P8MP (My son's choice) $380
JL Sub made to fit in 4Runner JL SB-T- 4RNR2/10W3V2/TP includes custom box $599
JL XR650CSI Components $350
JL 5005 5 Channel Amp $820 (pretty steep)
Total $2,149 before installation and rear speakers.
A little more than I want to spend!!
Thanks Again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us