X x x's need a home?

Username: 1ohm

Dunnellon, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 6
I am the proud owner of 2 12 x x x's and I am needing your expert opinions..I am torn between sealed or vented enclosures....Alot of the music I listin to is metal with alot of fast double bass drum stuff.And I really dig the ecustical old school rock.I have always used sealed enclosures in the past for this reason.But I also want this bad boy to shake the earth.The few vented enclosures I have heard sounded good but with rap or low tones.Could I get away with both in a vented? One of the reasons I decided on the x x x 's is the best of both worlds...sq/spl.I came across a pretty cool lookin box.It's a obcon gz122 it a 2.2 and R.E suggests a 2.1..It dosn't list the frequecy. R.E suggests 28 hz.size is not an issue I have a 1996 f350 crewcab.(needs no back seat)I have built all my sealed boxes in the past but if I go the vented route I will not be building it myself.I couldn't think of a better place to ask this question.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 169
I would still stick with a sealed enclosure if you listen to mostly metal/ punchy music.On a side note, the louder the system is, the more attention it draws and the mor likely it is to be stolen as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us