Need your input

Username: Langner

Madison, South dakota US

Post Number: 5
I was going to buy a system just a start out stereo and i was wondering what you all think of 2 12 inch kenwoods and a 300 watt amp, can be bridged to 900 watts?..jus somethin to put a lil thump in the trunk..need some input plz

thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Terps297

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 76
how much is your budget, what kind of space do you have, what size speakers do you want, do you want sq or spl, i'm sure we can work something out

Madison, South dakota US

Post Number: 6
I have a 1992 ford taurus and there is plenty of room i am thinking that i want 12's i no for sure i dont want 10's it depends i like squares i have heard them they are pretty loud and i am working with about 300 dollars at the moment nothing 2 out of the ordinary jus somethin to put a lil thump in tha trunk

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1145
honestly, you best bet would probably be to save up a little bit more money, if you penny pinch on a system it'll bite you in the as$....I know i did on my first system...it was good the first week then i got tired of it...and had to have more...get something good the first time done right and you'll be much happier...

save up to about 450 and you can have a pretty good system...

If your set on your 300 budget though, www.knukonceptz.com for the wiring and look at www.reaudio.com "re" line of 12"s...they'll beat the pants off any kenwood sub ever made...and find an amp that'll do about 300 x 2 or so at 2 ohms.

Madison, South dakota US

Post Number: 7
Thanks...i guess i did have a stereo b4 but didnt have a car at the moment...i had 2 12 inch 400 watt blaupunkt's and a 650 watt 2 channel boss amp and i am only 15 so i was thinking kind of stupid at the time because i got it all for 100 bucks and they pound. but i will pry save up all summer with my job and put something of high quality like you said and be happy the first time

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 15
wow, it's nice to see a person willing to listen to the advice of save more money. Most of the time it's "whatever i'm gonna put crap in my car now and have to start all over in a month" props to you Chris.

Madison, South dakota US

Post Number: 8
Thanks, i have been told to get a stereo for my car and i will eventually it takes time especially when you live in a town where it is almost impossible to get a job until you are 16 but i will and i'll save money i was thinkin bout kicker amp titanium subs once i have the money but yah never know...i was thinking about puting some 5 x 7s in the rear of my car tho 2 replace the stock speakers do you have any imput on that?

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 16
If you're going to replace speakers I would stick with the fronts, especially if you're going for subs down the road. A new deck and fronts can be a less expensive alternative to a full system upgrade and you'd be suprised the amount of difference you can hear. There are much better people here to point you to brands so I won't even try but yeah, look into a pair of fronts before rears unless you've already got aftermarket fronts, then I would just save for the subs and amp.

Bronze Member

Madison, South dakota US

Post Number: 11
i probably wont put all new speakers in until i buy a nicer car so i dont think i will have to worry about it but hey...yah never know
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us