Kicker 12L7

Username: Mrmoneymachine8

Post Number: 1
i have a kicker 12" L7 sub running 500 watts RMS to it with a crossfire amp. and i have my sub in a 1.5 cu ft. box ported. now i was just wondering if it would make a big difference or not if i put it in a box about 3 times as big?

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1141
itd sure do something...

Post Number: 2
thanks

Post Number: 3
now, what exactly what would it do to my sound? would it make it louder? deeper? or what? anybody got answers?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1305
Maybe louder, not sure how much, but it should make it deeper for sure.

Post Number: 4
thanks, does anybody have a personal experience with this that could tell me what would putting my solobaric L7 in a bigger ported box. theres this one box builder that i know and he's willing to make me a custom 3.25 cu ft. ported box for $60 bucks. now i am not quite the sound system buff so i dont know how much boxes normally run for but is that $60 worth it?

Post Number: 6
and what should i get it tuned for?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1215
derek i just ran your solobaric 12 in win isd and it will be well worth it to go with the 3.2 cubic feet box its should be louder and sound cleaner and drop lower 60 bucks isnt bad for a box build either let me know your results...it should be substantial

Gold Member

Post Number: 1216
if it was me with what i read and was told for a nice boost at your bass boost and good for music id do 35 hz but you could go 33hz and it would still be decent...fs on that speaker is 31.7 hz.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1217
i was refering to your port tune question 33 to 35 hz port tune

Post Number: 7
thank you thank you thank you

Gold Member

Post Number: 1218
your welcome

Gold Member

Post Number: 1219
if you can put an inch of insulation in the box along the walls all except the top board...it will accound for the space the speaker takes up and help with the sound quality a little as well....you can buy it at radio shack i think
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us