What are the best 5.25s and 6.5s ?

sanjuanero
Unregistered guest
I have a 1993 honda civic EX and i want to replace my speakers. 5 1/4 's fit in the back, and 6 1/2s in the front. Im thinking about infinity kappas, which ones should I get? what about tweeters? right now i have an alpine cda 9815 HU, JL 12w7, and all lighning audio components. cost is not really a concern

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1377
Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 in front, and Kappa 5.25" coaxials in back.

should also consider good amplifiers.
JL 500/1 for the 12W7 (1000/1 for two of them)
JL 450/4 or 300/4 for front/rear

sanjuanero
Unregistered guest
yeah I have a 500/1 for my 12w7 right now, and a 4 channel lightning audio amp for the speakers. later on im getting a 300/4. thanks alot !

sanjuanero
Unregistered guest
Also, what kind of tweeters do you reccomend? are the kickers any good ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1386
the Infinity Kappas and Pakka perfects have tehir own crossover modules and tweeters
you don't need anything else

Tim L.
Unregistered guest
i had the Kicker Resolution R25's and i was happy with them.. they're silk dome so their music is soft and warm.. has neodymium magnets in ferrofluid.. vocals and highs were clear and outstanding.. =P.. i'd say i was happy with those as i am with my Focal tweeters..

i'd check out the new Kicker SS30's, if u can fit them.. i'm itchin to hear them.. =P

Bronze Member
Username: Tbone

Post Number: 23
If you purchase a component set for the front, the set will come with passive crossovers and tweeters. The coaxials in the rear have the tweeter mounted into the speaker, you really shouldn't need more than the four that you will already be utilizing. I think that is why GlassWolf recommended seperates in the front, and coaxials in the rear.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1431
er, *kappa, *their

I was up late.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us