Which 1?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 474
I'm saving up some money for a new comp set. By the time i saved up i'll have around 350 dollars for a comp set. Now for the questions. which 1 should i buy. I know nothing about comps and dont know which to pick. So any name brand and model will help. Thanx. Oh yea and they have to be able to be heard over around 135-140db's of bass. Thats where i usally play my music. I know im going to be deaf by age of 21.lol

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 402
I think the only way tour be able to hear them cleary over bass is to hook them up to an amp with a High pass filter that way when you turn it up the bass doesn't distort them and they'll only be taking high and medium freq's

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 183
I second that on the need for an amp. Some brands are Mb quart, infinity, CDT those are just a few t get you looking.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 475
yeh i know that,lol i plan on using an ppi art series 300.2 amp if i can find 1. Or something of that quality

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1886
Honestly guys, he knows he'll need an amp. Basslova, I think somebody posted a link a while ago for some higher end mb quarts that were on sale for like $350, but I can't remember where it was at.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 434
ascendant audio is coming out with some comps this summer. supposed to be about $200 and the mid will use the XBL2 motor. power handling on the mids is supposed to be pretty good. when i spoke to the owner he said that he is trying to meet people's demand for a mid that can take over for the sub at around 60hz. you may want to keep those in mind, bass.
i've got a "new component savings account" right now also. i'm liking my atlas so much, i'm gonna at least wait until some reviews come out on the comps.

i'm also a fan of CDT's comps. i got to hear a set in some guys car last week and they sounded great. the company also makes an "upstage kit" and, similarly, an "image enhancement kit", which i am considering to raise my frontstage a tad.

i also like morel. they're not easy to find, but the Hybrid ovation looks pretty good. adjustable crossover slopes (6db or 12db), two stages of tweeter attentuation, and a shallow mounting depth (2.37").

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1889
Man, Ima have to ask Chad when he thinks the comps. are coming out this summer when I order my sub. I would definitely wait for those.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2189
yeah me too for $200 it is worth giving them a try:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us