RE SX15 and JL 12W7

Bronze Member
Username: Mfgirbaud05

Post Number: 87
ok i just ordered a RE SX15 and i am making a custom box for it with the RE specs. im going to run it to a Hifonics BX1500D amp...My friend has a JL 12W7 with a JL 1000/1 amp with the custom JL recommended box for it...i was wondering would i be able to hook both up in my car for a day so i can outpound this one wanna be hard kid from my school...he said he bets me 50 dollars his pounds harder than mine...he has two S12L7 running to a Lanzar 2400 watt amp...not sure if that is 2400 watts rms or peak but proly dont even matter...and i doubt he has the wiring hooked up to get the maximum output because he dont know anything about being dual 4 ohm or how to get a 1 ohm load or stuff like that plus he just went to the store and bought any S12L7 box and i doubt it is the right dimensions and its not even ported..my box and my friends are both going to be ported...i dont have room in the back of my trunk for both subs so im just going to put my 15" in the trunk and my friend JL 12 W7 in the back seat...do you guys think i could do that just for a day so i can make $50 dollars real quick...or actually 25 because i am splitting it with my friend..

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2152
I wouldnt do that. chances are you would drop the impedence into scary loads on that amp if you do that. the w7 is a dual 1.5ohm sub and depending on what your RE is and how you wire it you need to find out what type of load you will be running on that amp. That hifonics amp isnt the best for taking abuse anyways so I dont recomend it. Just order the REXXX instead of the SE and you should take him if your box is ported to specs and his isnt wired properly as you say.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
i already ordered the SX and barely had the money to get that so no way i could of afforded the Triple X because thats the first sub i was looking at...i am putting the SX into a 1 ohm load....so it'll be getting 1500 Watts RMS....well do you think just my 15" will sound better than his two S12L7 ?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2159
I dont know its tough. You wont be getting 1500 from that amp either. Prob more like 1000-1100 if your lucky. What kind of car do you have and what does he have? The thing with the l7's is they get very loud but sound like crap while doing it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
i have a 95' Taurus and he has 87' Cutlass....well as long as my sub is getting more than the rated RMS then thats fine with me....but his amp is a P.O.S. i think he might have the LANZAR HTG264 2400 WATT 2 CH AMP...which will be giving him 600 Watts RMS to each sub at 4 ohm if wired correctly but like i said he dont know sh!t really about how to hook it up so who knows how many watts he is giving it plus he has a sealed box....mine is going to be ported with the recommended RE specs...tuned to 32 hz...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
i didnt even notice but his amp is 1000 watts RMS x 2 @ 2 ohm load....but like i said i know its not setup right so who knows how many watts is going to each sub.

Silver Member
Username: Sancho886

El Cajon, CA US

Post Number: 116
james, i dont think he wants to run both subs off one amp i think he wants to run the sx15 off the hifonics and the w7 off the 1000/1.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 523
Depending on the installs, that SX15 may out do that pair of L7's. (on the mic)

That SX15 is gonna slam if you put it in the right box. But just judging how loud the subs are "by-ear" isnt gonna the best way to do it. At a low frequency, everything in the car might shake and crap...but it might not be all that loud on the mic.

If you wanna be "louder" than him, i would suggest building a box that would be strictly for SPL...not daily bumpin. (or a box with an interchangable port) And use a mic to find both of yalls SPL.

you just have to remember...its all in the install. the SX15 is a very good sub, i have one and i'm doing 145db on the termlab mic in my 98 silverado. i have seen 2 L7 12's walled in an eclipse only do 143db off a kx1200.1...intall is everything!

Anonymous

Marshall, what is the volume of your SX box and what is your port tuned to, thanks.. Also what amp are you running your SX off of.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 541
My box is just one a threw together a weekend before a comp. It is ~4cu ft after displacement and tuned to 44hz (it really needs to be tuned at bout 46-48hz for my truck though). I burp at 49-50hz. The port is interchangable, so i can just unbolt to 44hz port and drop in a 32hz one for daily drivin.

I was runnin a jbl bp1200.1, but i'm looking for a new amp.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us