Clarion unit ?!?! anyone have experience with this deck

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 483
ok heres the deal my gf has a mazda 6 and i am ordering the metra kit for it that replaces the whole front panel and i need to get her a head unit

i was looking at clarion alpine and eclipse ....
i ruled out the new alpines bc i dont like their feel

so i was choosing between the eclipse 8445 24 bit and 8 volt with sirius controls

or the DXZ855 new clarion unit (also 24 bit dac but only 4 volt and doesnt have the 7 band EQ)

but i was leaning towards the clarion for a few reasons

1. Its aluminum so it will match her dash piece perfectly

2. Its over 150 dollars cheaper

3. It has a cooler display (full color and is touch screen)

I realize the eclipse deck is about as good as it gets but 4v pre outs are still not bad and her system sounds good already w/o the head unit

the rest of her set up is a jl 250/1 running 1 12" alpine type R in a custom built ported box, and a eclipse PA4212 running eclipse top of the line 8264 6.5 inch components

another reason for the clarion favoring is that her entire system matches her car
the box carpeting matches exactly
her entire dash and gauge cluster light up red which is matched by the red type R logo and the silver dash even matces the silver on the sub the amps are also both silver, so i thought it would be sweet to keep the matching head unit to dash thing

So in summary is this head unit pretty good for the price (new for 350) and does it have a good (& easy to work) sirius interface

or should i just get the eclipse?? any help is appreciated

Shaw
Unregistered guest
lol, your gf has you whipped!

JKW
Unregistered guest
Go with the eclipse. The extra $$$ is well worth it. I have been in the electronics repair industry long enough to know that you get what you pay for. The eclipse is the way to go.

JKW

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 484
haha shaw thanks bro....well my system is done so i have to have something to fiddle with
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us