Need Sub 4 Camaro?

Anonymous

I need some sub's for my irocz.. dont have lots of room for 15's. Need sub with spl an sql? please help!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2143
dont know how much power you plan on running or how much cash you plan on spending but I would do 1-12. Those cars are contoured very nicely for bass response. I have heard 1-12 in an Iroc and it was insanely loud with about 500 watts. so tell me your budget and what you need exactly and I will try to hook you up.

Bronze Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 92
Man you got a good car for bass, get 2 12's that can handle 500+ watts RMS and a good amp and that will pound rediculous, my buddy had 2 MTX Thunder 8000 12's and a 1501D MTX amp and it beat very very loud, not too pricey either, i dunno just a suggestion

Anonymous

Got $800 for sub's and amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
I got two eclipse aluminum 12's for 420 bucks with shipping off www.woofersetc.com, great subs they pound in my volvo haha, you can get a good priced amp off the website too. All their subs are cheap and have 1 year warrantys.

Silver Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 127
I have a camaro and i run 1 sub, and its bangin.. I run all fosgate equipment. I have 1 T1 sub..at 600 rms 1200 peak and it beats, i had a guy at a car show think i had 4 12's. Depending on what sub you get, you dont really have much airspace for 2 12's, i would stick with one. Unless you want 2!

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 396
Yeah i would just go wit one if you had limited space. alot poeple under estimate the power of one sub and truth is two arent that much louder.

Anonymous

What sub do you guys recommand?

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 398
I dont know you got Adire, Re, JL, Alpine, couple others. Looking for a 12" right? I would get a Brahma 12" or a 15" if you can fit it.

Anonymous

Damn a 15 will be nice but i dont know if it will fit?

Anonymous

If i were to go with 1 brahma what amp should i get?

Bronze Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 15
go with 2 12w6v2!

Bronze Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 89
I have a camaro and i dont think a 15 will work unless you have a custom box built. Right now i have 2 10 inch kicker L7s and they dont sound too bad. I would recommend 2 12s in a sealed box built for camaros. Some people will tell you to face the subs right at the back glass but it will sound better and be louder if you just spend the extra money on the right box. plus im not really sure what my subs would do if they were faced right at the glass b/c they shake the whole hatch lid and make the window move as it is.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
Get one 13.5 W6v2 and a good amp for it and it will beat Verry clean and loud.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
There is a lot better for the money than JL, yeah the W6 subs will hit clean but they wont be anything really loud.

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
Yea JL is costly

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 458
get a 12w6v2 in a ported box and itll will sound very nice. Very accurate and depending on the music be loud.

Anonymous

What are options do i have?

Anonymous

what options do i have other then JL?

Silver Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 130
I went to my sytem guy, and asked him what you should run, and about that 15" sub. And he said the 15" isnt a good idea...because of mounting it and stuff, like Kenny said. People here may not like Rockford Fosgate, but you can find a T1 sub for about $250 and its WELL worth it..my car is pounding...... ( i have a camaro also) I recommend RF...but hey, its what ever floats your boat!!!

Anonymous

I was thinking about going with 1 12' X X X or a Brahma... What do you guys think?

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 150
get 2 10" comps...i seen a guy with them and they pounded and they had GREAT quality 4 kicker

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
The X X X or the brahma would be a much better choice than JL audio. But since the subs are fairly visible in a camaro i would go with 2 subs unless you have your back window tinted out and you dont plan on showing your system off at all. But thats basically looks, but whatever sub/subs you decide to get make sure they work well in a small sealed enclosure b/c thats all i have ever seen anybody run in a camaro, im sure you could do somethin else but it would probably be difficult and cashy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
In my opinion go with 2 12s, what kind is up to you b/c thats just personal preference.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
I also forgot if you do want just one sub i recomend an eclipse Ti series 12, and you would be very happy with one of those.

Anonymous

Do the X X X or Brahma work in a small sealed enclosure?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2198
I would not do a brahma unless you can get your hands on a older mark II version. The X.X.X will sound very good with the propper amp but I have a feeling you will exceed your $800 budget. I would look into Ascendant Audio or Image Dynamics. 1-IDmax 12 in a vented enclosure tuned to about 28-32htz will knock the pants off of any 12 Rockford Fosgate could throw at it. That would be first then maybe 2-Atlas' from ascendant audio you would actually be under your budget on that and they are very nice, I have an avalanche but I have heard great great things from the Atlas, they use the XBL technology that REXXX and Adire use and for $140 each you cant go wrong at all.

Anonymous

James i was thinking about 2-Atlas as you said and that for sure will put me under my budget. But wont a single X X X have more SLP and SQL then 2-Atlas? If i had room i would get a avalanche but thats not going happen. What amp will push X X X?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us